Thread: Meopta Optika 6 in Charleston

Default Meopta Optika 6 in Charleston

3-18 x 50 -ish

Who's got one or where can I go look through one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Charleston, but Woodys in Orangeburg had/has a 3-18x56mm FFP.

I’ve got 2 56mm FFP 3-18’s. One with dicrotech reticle and the other with the 4c Illuminated. You are welcome to look at them if you can’t find one elsewhere. My only problem is my lack of knowing my schedule. Haven’t used them yet so can’t really give an opinion on them

I don't know him and probably shouldn't be volunteering him without his knowledge, but I'd be shocked if saltedbutter from this forum didn't have one close to what you're looking for that he'd let you look through. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't have one he's looking to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kioti View Post
    I don't know him and probably shouldn't be volunteering him without his knowledge, but I'd be shocked if saltedbutter from this forum didn't have one close to what you're looking for that he'd let you look through. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he didn't have one he's looking to sell.
    About to post the same thing
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have one in Summerville
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

I have been eye balling them in summerville myself for new glass for a new rifle I picked up. Go to Phantom Outdoors on 17A between Summerville and Moncks Corner. Good folks and they got them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Heybo_Hater View Post
    I have been eye balling them in summerville myself for new glass for a new rifle I picked up. Go to Phantom Outdoors on 17A between Summerville and Moncks Corner. Good folks and they got them in stock.
    Talk to Rob if you go there, other than being a half ass fisherman he’s pretty ok.

Thanks to all for the replies. I actually bought a 5-30 from Senior Butter, was kind of aiming this at him too. I'm on the fence between another Meopta or the Leupold VX-3HD with the Firefly. Only complaints with the Meopta was the eye box at max and it's slightly girthy physique.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Talk to Rob if you go there, other than being a half ass fisherman he’s pretty ok.
    Also, sorry to hear about your buddy's non-fishing behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    Will do. Those guys were damn solid and I just picked up a sweet Sako rifle from them. Top notch store and so glad to have found some local folks that will put big box stores to shame!

They got a decent inventory? What Sakos did they have.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I own the scope you're interested in, but I live in Camden(bought it from salted butter of course). If you make it through this way you're welcome to have a look through, even shoot the Sendero it's mounted on. Still not a fan of the dicrotech reticle but after reading other members' thoughts on it, I may have to call and see if mine may be defective in that regard. Center dot is barely visible in low light.

Will do. Those guys were damn solid and I just picked up a sweet Sako rifle from them. Top notch store and so glad to have found some local folks that will put big box stores to shame!
    They are top notch, Rob was a Sheriff's deputy in Orangeburg and I’ve fished a bunch of tournaments with him. Great guy and glad he’s there where I don’t need to worry about him getting shot by anyone but his wife now. If they don’t have it they can get it.

I have an optika 6 3x18x50 dicrotech that will be for sale at the end of deer season to help fund another purchase. Bought it in July for my 270 as an upgrade from what was on it. Just plan to continue to focus on bow hunting primarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    They got a decent inventory? What Sakos did they have.
    Very nice inventory. Even had ladies and kids gear which I need for my Household. I bought a sako S20 to add to my 85 (go to deer rifle) and my L61R (safe queen). Gonna prep that S20 for distance and crap weather as it’s the only synthetic bolt rifle I own. I prefer wood and blues personally and didn’t have a crap kicker .308.

So those with the Meopta Optika 6. Would you rate it on par with the ZEISS v6 or what would be comparable. Any of you wish you went a different route?

Heybo- I do some freelance work with Meopta and as much as I would love to tell you that the Optika5/6 glass is as good as the Conquest V6,the comparrison just isn't apples to apples. The V6 3-18 is a $2K scope and the same magnification Optika6 is $700. I do think the Optika glass and features are better than the V4 scopes, in my opinion. So much is about what looks the best to your eyes and while I do a lot of hunting/shooting, I do my best to pass along my hands on experiences so that you guys can make the best decision for your particualr needs.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    Heybo- I do some freelance work with Meopta and as much as I would love to tell you that the Optika5/6 glass is as good as the Conquest V6,the comparrison just isn't apples to apples. The V6 3-18 is a $2K scope and the same magnification Optika6 is $700. I do think the Optika glass and features are better than the V4 scopes, in my opinion. So much is about what looks the best to your eyes and while I do a lot of hunting/shooting, I do my best to pass along my hands on experiences so that you guys can make the best decision for your particualr needs.
    That's about what I thought regarding glass quality, which I assume will give it an edge over the VX 3HD. I just need to decide if it's enough of an edge to warrant the larger, heavier scope.

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    Helpful info, thanks! I now down a completely different rabbit hole and may have found a good option with Steiner.

Best price for scopes and binoculars is Cameraland in NY state. Ask for Doug. Have bought 3 scopes and one pr of binoculars from them. They beat everybody's price anywhere..........Go to store. Pick out what you want. Then call Cameraland 1 866 967 8427 or 1 516 217 1000. They carry all brands.