Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: red wave and herschel

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    A black woman had my phone number before me. I get at least 2 texts and 3 or 4 calls from " non-profit" groups asking about voting.
    I’ve had my cell number for almost 20 years. I don’t know who Barbara is, but she gets the same types of calls and texts as mentioned above. No calls or texts for Republicans candidates.

Walker was Trump's pick.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

LOL
    Brianna Eubanks owes people. Debt collectors call all the time for her, and coincidently the Democratic Party. Go figure.

I don't do politics at all so forgive my ignorance here... Isn't the runoff election today? How have we already determined that Herschel has lost? Google doesn't offer anything that says otherwise. Please explain...

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    I don't do politics at all so forgive my ignorance here... Isn't the runoff election today? How have we already determined that Herschel has lost? Google doesn't offer anything that says otherwise. Please explain...
    At the risk of assuming and being wrong I believe the point was even if he wins we’ve lost.

Again. Speculating.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    At the risk of assuming and being wrong I believe the point was even if he wins we’ve lost.

Again. Speculating.
    Would make more sense. I'm not good at interpreting "intent" or sarcasm.

because i'm always right.
    aren't you paying attention?

he will lose by 4 points.
    and i dont even know what "points" means.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Its Georgia. One of the 4 states that will give us a Dem prez & dem control for the rest of our days. They know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Its Georgia. One of the 4 states that will give us a Dem prez & dem control for the rest of our days. They know.
    Perhaps not. We just beat back Orca's second attempt at running for Governor.. By 9 points. If ( IF) the GOP faithful come out in numbers, Herschel can win. Not sure either man is going to be worth a shit, but I would prefer the GOP get the seat.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Warnock had a full time army going door to door before this election. That doesn’t include the local Democratic groups going door to door as well collecting votes. Quality of candidates really doesn’t matter too much. Collect enough votes in the right areas, and you win. I see it all the time in local elections. Absentee ballots skewed so much in favor of the Democratic candidate that it is laughable. Republicans have got to change how they play the game and start doing the same thing or they have no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    It’s Atlanta.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

$335 Million dollars.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Pales in comparison to the spend on neato Beto for 3 elections all of which failed

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    A black woman had my phone number before me. I get at least 2 texts and 3 or 4 calls from " non-profit" groups asking about voting. Not one for Walker.

The 2000 Mules documentary was very telling. Shoot holes in it, but that mess is why we are in the shape we are now.
    Same, it wasn't Joyce was it?
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by SCFoxman View Post
    Pales in comparison to the spend on neato Beto for 3 elections all of which failed
    I read Beto spent somewhere in the $175 - $200 MM range.

Just think of a better use for all this cash...... I can think of several.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    didnt happen
    and he's a horrible candidate.

after all the chest pumping, how are you trumpers gonna deflect this one?
    the Dems will soon have MORE control over policy than they did before the midterms.

Come on rubberhead. its time to defend the Constitution, not trump.

I really do apologize for enjoying this.

Trump is a whiny crybaby and, after stumping for herschel also wants to get rid of the constitution.

Discuss.
    How come you gotta be such a peckerlilly?

Damn scab picker.

Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme

Dec 6, 2022

By MICHAEL R. SISAK, Associated Press

Donald Trump's company was convicted of tax fraud on Tuesday in a case brought by the Manhattan District Attorney, a significant repudiation of financial practices at the former president's business.

The guilty verdict came on the second day of deliberations following a trial in which the Trump Organization was accused of being complicit in a scheme by top executives to avoid paying personal income taxes on job perks such as rent-free apartments and luxury cars.

The conviction is a validation for New York prosecutors, who have spent three years investigating the former president and his businesses, though the penalties aren't expected to be severe enough to jeopardize the future of Trump's company.

As punishment, the Trump Organization could be fined up to $1.6 million — a relatively small amount for a company of its size, though the conviction might make some of its future deals more complicated.

Allen WeisselbergTrump Organization tax case wraps up with closing arguments
    Trump, who recently announced he was running for president again, has said the case against his company was part of a politically motivated "witch hunt" waged against him by vindictive Democrats.

Trump himself was not on trial but prosecutors alleged he "knew exactly what was going on" with the scheme, though he and the company's lawyers have denied that.

The case against the company was built largely around testimony from the Trump Organization's former finance chief, Allen Weisselberg, who previously pleaded guilty to charges that he manipulated the company's books and his own compensation package to illegally reduce his taxes.

Weisselberg testified in exchange for a promised five-month jail sentence.

To convict the Trump Organization, prosecutors had to convince jurors that Weisselberg or his subordinate, Senior Vice President and Controller Jeffrey McConney, were "high managerial" agents acting on the company's behalf and that the company also benefited from his scheme.

Trump Organization lawyers repeated the mantra "Weisselberg did it for Weisselberg" throughout the monthlong trial. They contended the executive had gone rogue and betrayed the company's trust. No one in the Trump family or the company was to blame, they argued.

Though he testified as a prosecution witness, Weisselberg also attempted to take responsibility on the witness stand, saying nobody in the Trump family knew what he was doing.

"It was my own personal greed that led to this," an emotional Weisselberg testified.

Weisselberg, who pleaded guilty to dodging taxes on $1.7 million in fringe benefits, testified that he and McConney conspired to hide that extra compensation from his income by deducting their cost from his pre-tax salary and issuing falsified W-2 forms.

During his closing argument, prosecutor Joshua Steinglass attempted to refute the claim that Trump knew nothing about the scheme. He showed jurors a lease Trump signed for Weisselberg's company-paid apartment and a memo Trump initialed authorizing a pay cut for another executive who got perks.

Prosecution rests in Trump Organization’s tax fraud case
    "Mr. Trump is explicitly sanctioning tax fraud," Steinglass argued.

The verdict doesn't end Trump's battle with Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, a Democrat who took office in January.

Bragg has said that a related investigation of Trump that began under his predecessor, District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., is "active and ongoing."

In that wide-ranging probe, investigators have examined whether Trump misled banks and others about the value of his real estate holdings, golf courses and other assets — allegations at the heart of New York Attorney General Letitia James' pending lawsuit against the former president and his company.

The district attorney's office has also investigated whether any state laws were broken when Trump's allies made payments to two women who claimed to have had sexual affairs with the Republican years ago.

Near the end of his tenure last year, Vance directed deputies to present evidence to a grand jury for a possible indictment of Trump. After taking office, though, Bragg let that grand jury disband so he could give the case a fresh look.

On Monday, he confirmed that a new lead prosecutor had been brought on to handle that investigation, signaling again that it was still active.

Former President Donald Trump speaks at a rally at the Minden Tahoe Airport in Minden, Nev.

https://www.wyff4.com/article/trump-...cheme/42169091

Hershel Walker was a train wreck of a candidate.
    It's shameful and embarrassing that the race was even between these two candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    It's shameful and embarrassing that the race was even between these two candidates.
    You could say that about a lot of races.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Sounds like you copied 2th deal this morning
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"