Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: red wave and herschel

Maybe Trump can nominate Carrot Top next? Maybe Gronk?

How many elections has he lost now? 2018 midterms? 2020, 2022, and two senate runoffs in Georgia?

Did I miss any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe I read where around 80% of Trump backed candidates won their elections.

i believe i read that 2thdoc was right

congrats?

I am honestly just trying to temper some of the emotions, one tiny little bit of humanity at a time.
    Trump '24 is a disaster waiting to happen.
    I dont like the direction our country is heading and I'm tired of being blamed for it.
    The georgia race (once again) is very telling about the opinions of the majority of people. It is of note that said people live in big cities.
    If you cant understand how the Dems have more control now, I dont want to try to explain it to you.

I saw the news and the red wave coming....then the fact it didnt....then the runoff....

I think "we" need to sit back and think about things. I dont know who "we" are but something has to give.
    Where is the republican party? who represents me? Can i live in my tiny little bubble the rest of my life?
    I doubt it.

dont get me started on social issues. that's for another day....(and IMO not something politics is gonna fix)
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I aint arguing with you Doc. Just seems to me there is still a large group that supports Trump. I honestly dont know how I feel about it yet. I supported him twice and if he ends up being the candidate I'll support him again. But Im not sure he'll get my vote in the primaries.

I aint arguing. I'm just stating what I consider to be fact. We all knows its just opinion....much like the media. There is a spin to everything. I agree with your assessment. I would add that i would not even support him in the primaries (as of my knowledge in december of 22).

I know trump has a following, but watch it evolve. My bet is that it is waning....FAST. I may be wrong. Its happened before.

Hell, he might be in jail in '24.

Interesting that without the 3rd party candidate, walker wouldn't have had a runoff and would be a US senator. So the 3-4% of libertarians swung left and backed warnock. Or stayed home Which proves the libertarian party is just as worthless as Gary Johnson tried to show us it is.

I went to bed early last night with the race dead even. This morning I had to switch from Fox to CNN to find out who won. On Fox I watched for 30 minutes with no mention of it. Fox did have Kari Lake on talking about how her election was stolen in Arizona.

Hershel was Trump's pick. All you need to know about him is,.....

.....if one of his backed candidates wins, Trump takes all the credit. When one loses he accepts none of the responsibility for the loss.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    Interesting that without the 3rd party candidate, walker wouldn't have had a runoff and would be a US senator. So the 3-4% of libertarians swung left and backed warnock. Or stayed home Which proves the libertarian party is just as worthless as Gary Johnson tried to show us it is.
    This is 100% correct.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Latham Saddler would have won the GA Senatorial election - if the party would have supported him. Instead, they went for the celebrity candidate in hopes that Melanin would convince people to vote for Herschel.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Latham Saddler would have won the GA Senatorial election - if the party would have supported him. Instead, they went for the celebrity candidate in hopes that Melanin would convince people to vote for Herschel.
    Agreed, and that plan backfired very badly.
    Btw, you won't hear me apologize often, so you may want to put that in your sigfile. ~Mergie

Is it curious to anyone how the Governor's race and most other races in Georgia went vs. the Walker / Warlock race? Did Warlock have more boots on the ground? Is he just that popular w his preacherman gifting? is it bc Walker was a dumbass candidate? I'm sure some of you here can't even entertain the notion of election fraud. Does it even matter? How many points did he win by? 2th, what do points even mean?
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I haven't trusted any election since 2020

I think the Georgia race is less about Trump and more about the democrats running the table in terms of the narrative. They own the media, they own social media (except Twitter) and they out spent Walker by a large margin. And let's face it. Georgia has moved much further left in recent years.

Now I will say this Trump is too old and too damaged to win in 2024. The left has been very successful in tearing him down. Republicans need new leadership and that should probably be DeSantis.

Default red wave and herschel

Republicans are still trying to convince voters to vote for them via debates ext. Democrats have figured out how to physically go get the votes via mail in, early voters, harvesting ext. Until republicans start taking a play out of the Dems playbook by collecting votes they will never win the toss up elections. Florida republicans have figured this process out.
    Last edited by scmoose; 12-07-2022 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    After seeing Fetterman win, I have zero confidence in our elections.
    Ditto.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Poor candidate with NO message, no ground game, no money, and the majority of votes in the interstate corridor, and you have another idiot senator from GA. Republican don't seem to know how to play the game any longer.
    Last edited by centurian; 12-07-2022 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drwilly View Post
    Is it curious to anyone how the Governor's race and most other races in Georgia went vs. the Walker / Warlock race? Did Warlock have more boots on the ground? Is he just that popular w his preacherman gifting? is it bc Walker was a dumbass candidate? I'm sure some of you here can't even entertain the notion of election fraud. Does it even matter? How many points did he win by? 2th, what do points even mean?
    Walker was the only statewide GOP candidate that lost a race in Georgia this election cycle. Walker lost from the get go. Any GOP candidate other than Walker would have beaten the Rev. Lack of funding, lack of party and voter support doomed him. He's already back home in Texas. ( I hope he doesn't run for political office again. Ever. )
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

As someone who is a UGA alum and grew up in Ga, Herschel was a head scratcher to me. Thats the best they could come up with?
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by Roddie View Post
    Agreed, and that plan backfired very badly.
    whose plan? that's what I dont get. we talk like its a physical being. I just dont get it.