Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prime time takes over Colorado…interesting press conference

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Pre-portal this would be the solid truth.

Now you can have 4-5* second stringers from Alabama and others come calling. Hell, even Mack Brown says people are "recruiting" some of his players for the portal.

The days of Bear Bryant-like stocking rows and rows of talent are over with the advent of the portal. Those not starting just because the guy(s) in front of them are destined to be 1st round picks aren't hanging around to bide their time, they want to play now and get to the league asap.

Colorado actually has decent facilities and a history, though it's been a few years ago.

I agree. First year or 2 will be a learning curve I believe. After that it's all bets off. They just have to be willing to give him a few years. To your point, if you build it they will come. Especially adding a figure like sanders as the head coach
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    He told the current players, "when i get back, aint gonna be no earrings in your ears,
    aint going be no iphones in your hands"
    "and I am bringing some dogs with me and they gonna hunt and they gonna eat"

IF I had a kid that age that was even offered by Coach Prime i would do my best to make sure he went there

PT is Old School , lot of credit to Bobby Bowden

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    Pre-portal this would be the solid truth.

Now you can have 4-5* second stringers from Alabama and others come calling. Hell, even Mack Brown says people are "recruiting" some of his players for the portal.

The days of Bear Bryant-like stocking rows and rows of talent are over with the advent of the portal. Those not starting just because the guy(s) in front of them are destined to be 1st round picks aren't hanging around to bide their time, they want to play now and get to the league asap.

Colorado actually has decent facilities and a history, though it's been a few years ago.

Once the upper crust coaches learn to use the portal to their advantage, it will be the next JUCO.

instead of recruiting and stacking 5* talent, Saban, or some other coach, will just put out there that his Heisman winning QB is entering the draft so he has an opening. How many starting QBs, not counting the ones sitting behind a starter, are going to entertain THAT offer?

if you dont think coaches are recruiting active players, you are delusional. They are looking at tape and cherry picking developed talent.

Its free agency, even better than NFL. There are no contractual obligations in College.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Its free agency, even better than NFL. There are no contractual obligations in College.
    Yet... Can the NIL be used to make a contract and breach of?

Questionable approach in my opinion, but he'll definitely shake things up. Should be interesting at the very least. Didn't he say his kid is that starting QB too? Seems like he's going little league dad at a big time college program. Definitely banking on some respect he thinks he should have as a former player, but have any of these kids even seen him play? Probably seems like an ESPN talking head telling them they suck.

His son is better than anyone else there now.
    Last edited by wob; 12-07-2022 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larange View Post
    Questionable approach in my opinion, but he'll definitely shake things up. Should be interesting at the very least. Didn't he say his kid is that starting QB too? Seems like he's going little league dad at a big time college program. Definitely banking on some respect he thinks he should have as a former player, but have any of these kids even seen him play? Probably seems like an ESPN talking head telling them they suck.
    Pretty sure his kid started at Jackson state. Threw for something like 3000 yards. He is probably an upgrade for a team that went 1-11 in the pac 12. Kids want to play for him, he can make some serious upgrades from that level with the portal. He is also supposedly bringing 8-10 players from Jackson state.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...hedeur-sanders

Those numbers are pretty solid.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 12-07-2022 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Pretty sure his kid started at Jackson state. Threw for something like 3000 yards. He is probably an upgrade for a team that went 1-11 in the pac 12. Kids want to play for him, he can make some serious upgrades from that level with the portal. He is also supposedly bringing 8-10 players from Jackson state.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...hedeur-sanders

Those numbers are pretty solid.
    Just saw where over 20 5-Stars have contacted him (Portal and High Schoolers).
    The "documentary" piece is a strategy too. Kids want exposure
    This is going to be fun to watch
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-07-2022 at 05:37 PM.

He already has a 5* WR commit for 2025 from IMG academy.

Winston Watkins, JR
    Last edited by JBtflo; 12-07-2022 at 06:20 PM.