Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prime time takes over Colorado…interesting press conference

A home for DJ?

Nope at the presser he told his son to stand up….then said your looking at your starting qb

I think I remember hearing/seeing one of his boys did ball out in HS

What happened to bringing at to hbcu.

His kid is a damn fine QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    What happened to bringing at to hbcu.
    Twenny dollas is twenny dollas
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023

The man played 2 professional sports in the same day. I think he can handle college coaching at the highest level. He was NILing it @ FSU before it had an acronym. One thing for sure is that he will do it his way and having kids college age right now, he knows exactly what to say and who to contact when recruiting time comes. Freak athletes all over this country looking for the right person to guide them to the pros will be hard pressed to do better than prime time.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I think he will surprise most. Look at some of his JSU team talks- he is all about doing it right. Believes in God, no cussing, no drinking, no drugs.

I am a fan and interested to see where it goes.

I'm pulling for him. I hope he only loses by a point to south carolina in the championship game.

he said in his presser, he was "more about NFL for his players than NIL"
    but will make sure they are taken care of.
    Also said his kid will have to earn the starting QB position

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    I think he will surprise most. Look at some of his JSU team talks- he is all about doing it right. Believes in God, no cussing, no drinking, no drugs.

I am a fan and interested to see where it goes.
    he said, if you see his players around campus they would be opening and holding doors for you
    and will be saying "yes sir" and "yes mam"

He will have a tough row to hoe the first couple years with the tallent he will have vs the talent the rest of his conference has. I think if they will stick with him it will be worth the wait. Most didn't know Jackson state before he went there to coach. Now anyone who watches college ball knows about it. He is must see tv. Players will realize the exposure he will bring to them in terms of getting to the next level.
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    He will have a tough row to hoe the first couple years with the tallent he will have vs the talent the rest of his conference has. I think if they will stick with him it will be worth the wait. Most didn't know Jackson state before he went there to coach. Now anyone who watches college ball knows about it. He is must see tv. Players will realize the exposure he will bring to them in terms of getting to the next level.
    His entire hire and first year is being filmed for a documentary series

He’s got a roster full of transfers for his selections. 500 kids in the portal now. The ones he can run off, he will. He’ll have a team that looks completely different than that auditorium next season. I bet they’re in the top 25 by years end. He’s a pro a a dang fine coach and Christian leader.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    He’s got a roster full of transfers for his selections. 500 kids in the portal now. The ones he can run off, he will. He’ll have a team that looks completely different than that auditorium next season. I bet they’re in the top 25 by years end. He’s a pro a a dang fine coach and Christian leader.

I mean.

He’s no Hugh Freeze.

Exactly! Rumor is over 200 recruits and portal players, mostly 4-5 * have contacted him in the last 12 hrs. He won’t be hurting for talent.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

He told the current players, "when i get back, aint gonna be no earrings in your ears,
    aint going be no iphones in your hands"
    "and I am bringing some dogs with me and they gonna hunt and they gonna eat"
    Last edited by ecu1984; 12-05-2022 at 09:50 PM.

Cocky looking dude who was all tatted up and sat off to the side and asked the first question will be the first one to go. Those types are the first ones I would call out day 1 during tackling drills
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post

Pre-portal this would be the solid truth.

Now you can have 4-5* second stringers from Alabama and others come calling. Hell, even Mack Brown says people are "recruiting" some of his players for the portal.

The days of Bear Bryant-like stocking rows and rows of talent are over with the advent of the portal. Those not starting just because the guy(s) in front of them are destined to be 1st round picks aren't hanging around to bide their time, they want to play now and get to the league asap.

Colorado actually has decent facilities and a history, though it's been a few years ago.