Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pistol for the Ole Lady

Hammerless .38 revolver is also my vote.
    It’s even my go to most of the time myself.

Honest question how many of you can actually say you have never had a malfunction while shooting autos?
    I personally do not shoot enough rounds to know without a doubt if SHTF that I wouldn’t fumble for a second to clear it. That being said I dont put my wife in that situation. Told her to just keep pulling trigger no matter if click or boom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the S&W Hammerless Airweight .38 for my wife, she didn't care for it (too much pop in her hands). Got her a Kimber 1911 in 9mm that she really does like. Not a daily carry just a range gun.

Sig Sauer P365. Small. Dependable. Has lots of bullets. Sent several ladies to this gun and they all love it.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

7ABB60DA-AD25-41EE-8F62-AD7799EC0819.jpg
    If she gonna carry a back pack might as well get one of these… doubtful she will ever even have to pull it out.
    If you give 10 people a bag of gold, someone will complain about how heavy it is!

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    From my experience semi's jamming due to females limp wristing is a big issue. Take that out and I agree 100%.
    Watched a girl trying to shoot a p365 and this would happen every time. Gun functioned fine for me. She would shoot and it would jam without fail every shot.
    I bought one at a later date and have put 500 rounds through it with out issue.

I Shoot a glock a good bit and have 1000’s of rounds through it. I don’t think it has ever jammed.

I would agree with those saying to let her try a few different styles and see what she thinks. She has to be comfortable with it or she will be reluctant to carry it and not want to use it. A revolver certainly is pretty much dummy proof but limited round count. I have a snub nose smith and wesson 38 special and I cant shoot it for shit. It stays in the safe.

As someone said earlier, take her to the range, and let her decide.

Any limp wristed issues will show their head in 10-20 rounds. You can also get a feel for which Auto's she can clear, and which ones she cant.

I thought my wife would like a small .380, but after shooting a few she settled on a S&W 9mm. She felt more confident with more gun to grip, and said the recoil was lighter for her.

Glock43x, my wife loves it. less snappy than the sig p365 and more controllable . She used it for her conceal and carry class and out shot all the dudes that were in her class.

Looked at a the suggestions last night and showed some to her. She actually likes the hellcat and P365 but she likes the PSA Dagger more than those.. Anyone got any experience with the dagger from PSA?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Some of y'all fellas act like she is gonna have to take cover and draw down on a mob of people in a gunfight. I don't think that is the intended use here. Also, my man didn't say he was looking for a comfortable range pistol. The lady needs something with the least amount of thought needed to operate and with the least chance of failure. She ain't shooting across a parking lot, this is a "stuff it in their gut and get 'em off me" type gun. Absolutely no reason to overthink this.

With all that said, you asked for opinions and that's what you got. Ultimately you should buy whatever fits the bill for your family.

I bought my wife the smith and Wesson ez380. They make it in 9mm also. Great gun, easy to shoot and reliable from the 400+ rounds she’s put through it

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Looked at a the suggestions last night and showed some to her. She actually likes the hellcat and P365 but she likes the PSA Dagger more than those.. Anyone got any experience with the dagger from PSA?
    The Dagger is basically a gen 3 glock 19. I bought a couple for cheap truck/boat guns a while back and they both have run flawlessly.

Ruger lcr in 327. Run 32 s&w long for practice. 32 h&r mag for carry. Or can step up to 327mag for carry but has significant more recoil.

Also holds 6 instead of 5
    Last edited by mello_collins; 12-06-2022 at 02:56 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

That Ruger LCR is a great little gun. Has a nice factory trigger for a revolver.