Thread: Chili Crisp

Default Chili Crisp

Have y'all ever heard of this? My wife read about it on some online forum and brought some home. I love it but can't really figure out what to do with it. It's crunchy granules of dried pepper, onions and maybe garlic suspended in some kind of oil. You have to stir it up every time you spoon a bit out. It's not terribly spicy, although I have a high tolerance for spicy heat. The grocery also store had a mild version.

I've tried it on mashed potatoes, an avocado and cheese sandwich, scrambled eggs and a few other things but just can't pin down what its best use would be. It's definitely an interesting taste and is good right out of the jar but I just can't categorize it.

chili crisp resized.jpg

How about tossing sautéed shrimp in it?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

It's delicious. Kwei Fei on James Island next to The pour House has really good chili crisp. I'm actually about to go eat there right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

It's an Asian condiment. Put it on pretty much anything that is cooked in a wok. I like to add it to ramen bowls.
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.

I put it on happy eggs, have for a bit. I keep a jar of it. I mean, not all the time, but I'll get the hankering for it every so often.

French fries, jerky, eggs, avocados, pasta, pizza.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Pork rinds!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    It's delicious. Kwei Fei on James Island next to The pour House has really good chili crisp. I'm actually about to go eat there right now.
    Let me know what you order we’ve been a couple times and all I can taste is the chili oil.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    I looked up Kwei Fei on Yelp and read some of the reviews. Most were glowing but of course there were the select few that were written by pretentious, snarky cunts. I fell in a rabbit hole just picking out the one and two star reviews because you can always count on these self-important, miserable, entitled, snobbish come-ya's to really show their colors when they try to tell the world how cosmopolitan they are. Funny that the worst reviews were obviously idiots who showed up at prime time with no reservations and complained that they had to wait for seats. I use Yelp a lot when out of town and know how to see through the clutter of cunts to find good places to eat. I'll definitely have to give Kwei Fei a try.

I've heard of folks that set up a situation at a restaurant to help evaluate prospective employees during their interview process. They plan to meet somewhere and tell a server ahead of time to bring the wrong order or some other blunder, just to see how the prospect treats them. Anyone who treats waitstaff poorly ain't going to be a good hire. I think getting someone to write a Yelp review might give you a decent insight into what kind of person they are. Some of the reviews I read made me wish there was a way to confront the assholes, in a dark alley.

Yelp is still useful for feeding yourself in a strange town. I never write a negative review but occasionally find a place that is so good it motivates me to write a good one. I never review a hometown restaurant because they're all too crowded already without me blabbing about it, sort of like telling someone where you caught a bunch of fish.

Honestly it's one of my favorite places to eat. The menu changes in one way or another often. I haven't had anything there that I just didn't care for. Some things are better and more go-to for me but I love the salty, sweet, tangy, fermented, heat.

I'm interested. I've been using the green top chili paste for years on different things. It's good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    How about tossing sautéed shrimp in it?
    Fried shrimp, duh!!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.