Thread: New prime

Default New prime

https://www.g5prime.com/

New prime released last week. It took me a minute to process how much I liked it because I honestly had my heart set on the new elite. After shooting both head to head I ordered a new revex4. The prime doesn’t have all the features of the elite, but the more I played with the omnia, the more I realized it had a lot of failure points. The prime is very simple, but it does everything extremely well. The fit and finish is second to none, dead in the hand, quiet, fast, good strings, etc. And it points like a dream (center grip) They partnered with tight spot and released a branded quiver that looks pretty slick. If you’re bow shopping this year I’d encourage you to go shoot a prime. Easily one of the better brands made year after year.

I’d like to see elite offer their flagship in 2-3 ATA lengths. 32” is a good middle ground, but having a taller option is nice.

People really do over look them. I made the move about 5 years and 2 bows ago to switch from Mathew’s and haven’t looked back. Primes back wall is second to non if you hate spongy backwalls.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    https://www.g5prime.com/

New prime released last week. It took me a minute to process how much I liked it because I honestly had my heart set on the new elite. After shooting both head to head I ordered a new revex4. The prime doesn’t have all the features of the elite, but the more I played with the omnia, the more I realized it had a lot of failure points. The prime is very simple, but it does everything extremely well. The fit and finish is second to none, dead in the hand, quiet, fast, good strings, etc. And it points like a dream (center grip) They partnered with tight spot and released a branded quiver that looks pretty slick. If you’re bow shopping this year I’d encourage you to go shoot a prime. Easily one of the better brands made year after year.

I’d like to see elite offer their flagship in 2-3 ATA lengths. 32” is a good middle ground, but having a taller option is nice.
    Failure points?

Really? No 31” DL on the 34 ATA one? Lame…
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Really? No 31” DL on the 34 ATA one? Lame…
    The prime rep was at the shop I visited to shoot the new line. I’m a 29.5” draw in a prime, but I told him stretching the 34 and 36 to 31” would be a smart move. Big dudes like big bows. He told me they couldn’t make that cam work past where they stopped it without a severe dump. I’m also not hip on needing mods to change length. I mean it’s not a huge deal, but other companies pull it off.

It’s a no frills bow that’s very well put together. The lack of gimmicks was refreshing after seeing some of the other flagship releases. And I can attest to the nano grip working as advertised in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Failure points?
    More adjustments = more screws to work loose = more opportunities for failure

That said I’m sure elite has tested them extensively. They don’t pump out junk. Just an observation, but if I owned one it would have blue lock tight on every screw once I got it dialed.