Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyotes

Default Coyotes

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Looks like the parents are oblivious here...

Saw 4 on a site hunt Wednesday, one of them got lead poisoning. I love rolling them up with a scattergun.

Quote Originally Posted by coonsqualler01 View Post
    Saw 4 on a site hunt Wednesday, one of them got lead poisoning. I love rolling them up with a scattergun.
    I don’t speak Rinella, does this mean you killed a coyote with a shotgun?
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

I had a coyote sleeping in my backyard in a wide open field at around 10am last week. Gave him a round out the .270 from the kitchen window. Thought it was pretty odd behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    IGave him a round out the .270 from the kitchen window. Thought it was pretty odd behavior.
    Which? A coyote sleeping in the back yard or shooting from the kitchen window?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Which? A coyote sleeping in the back yard or shooting from the kitchen window?
    Maybe sleeping in an open field?
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

I don't know Rinella, and yes a I shot a coyote with a shotgun. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I had a coyote sleeping in my backyard in a wide open field at around 10am last week. Gave him a round out the .270 from the kitchen window. Thought it was pretty odd behavior.
    I've seen them do this several times. All but one have been out of range. The one got his head made into a canoe. Seems the more I kill the more I end up with. Read an article one time that said the females will raise more and bigger litters as the population decreases.

I put the sneak on one that was frolicking and then laying down/sleeping in a recently cut hay field. I came out of the woods after a morning deer bow hunt and noticed the coyote in the field. I belly crawled down the side of a cotton field then was able to use the round bales between us to slip within about 40 yards. I got in position, rolled out from behind the closest bale with the bow drawn and shot well over his back on a perfect broadside opportunity. That vision of the arrow going over his back is indelibly burned into my memory.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I've seen them do this several times. All but one have been out of range. The one got his head made into a canoe. Seems the more I kill the more I end up with. Read an article one time that said the females will raise more and bigger litters as the population decreases.
    There was a study someone put up on here they basically showed when a coyote is killed
    Another transient takes their place. If someone has it and posts again it would be appreciated.

Gotta trap them imo if you want to make a dent in the population.

Jeez, can’t imagine how long that fight went down. Hopefully he got the whole pack…

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    Jeez, can’t imagine how long that fight went down. Hopefully he got the whole pack…

8/11

Pretty strong showing.

A friend of mine had a coyote come and sit on the edge of a game plot and watch him make passes on the tractor. Watched him the whole time. I've shot several out of that same field.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    A friend of mine had a coyote come and sit on the edge of a game plot and watch him make passes on the tractor. Watched him the whole time. I've shot several out of that same field.
    I was discing a field and had one move just far enough out the way that I wouldn’t hit him. Did that for about 3 passes before he walked off into the woods. They’ll do some weird stuff. I’m ready to start thinning them out. I’ve seen more this year than I ever have and let ones I could have killed go because I was chasing a buck. Come Jan. 2, I’m busting out the call box and furry tail spinner thingy and letting it rip.

I watched my girl Zoom chew on the side of one’s head that Bob had shot in the middle/ass end..

It was euphoric..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

Last edited by JBtflo; 12-04-2022 at 10:01 PM.