Thread: Field Tuff 3pt Drill/Seeder

Default Field Tuff 3pt Drill/Seeder

Ran across one for sale the other day. Would be used to plant clean/tilled food plots annually. Cheap chinese stuff but it looks serviceable and perfect size. Anybody have any experience with one?

Screenshot_20221130-142216.png

Have you looked at TarRiver??
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Careful if its got those plastic seed cups like Tar River has. I know squirrels will eat those things.

It's only serviceable if you can find parts. I'd look into their parts availability and/or compatibility with other brand parts before I dropped a wad of cash.

Squirrels and mice are less of a problem if you can get the thing very clean before you park it. I got a big air compressor that I use to blow my old Van Brunt out with and the mice (and snakes looking for mice) haven't been nearly as much of a problem. A leaf blower does a pretty good job too.

There are some videos of this unit on YT. It’s very light weight. if I remember correctly, once you get everything set right it does the job. You definitely have to have a good clean and softer field.

Planting in Barnwell Co. so it's sandy/soft soil. It does have plastic cups. Looks like some have been chewed on. The cups and tubes need to be replaced due to critters and being brittle due to sitting in the sun. All the mechanicals (metal) looked ok. The cups look very similar to the metal ones on the Van Brunt we have. Parts are available, I just need to figure up what it would take to replace the plastic stuff. If I can get it at a decent price I may give it a shot.