Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Random, Awesome Stuff

about 20 years ago, I saw a big ass male peacock running down our main road with a gaggle of stupid turkeys following it like popped collars to natty light.. he roamed around for a couple weeks, then vanished, I didn't shoot him.

I shot a catfish out of a tree one time
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I stumbled on a nude photo shoot once while I was hiking. It wasn't neat. It was kind'a disgusting. The photographer was a old man and his assistant was an old woman, probably his wife. Old people exploiting the young and gullible - it's disturbing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

gross

I saw two black women go at it in the Winn Dixie parking lot in Dillon when I was 5. They were pulling clothes, hair and clawing at each other. It was hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    When I was 18 or 19, I saw a Mountain Lion in middle GA. At a range inside 15yrds, I know what I saw.
    Tell me more about the tail.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    about 20 years ago, I saw a big ass male peacock running down our main road with a gaggle of stupid turkeys following it like popped collars to natty light.. he roamed around for a couple weeks, then vanished, I didn't shoot him.
    4 years ago, a friend and I called in 3 gobblers and a peacock near Timmonsville. I would call, they would gobble, peacock would scream, and they would all gobble again. He came right on into 30 yards with the turkeys.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Tell me more about the tail.
    Because it was an otter...?
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

"Long-tailed cat" folklore and debate is magical.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

The cat was blonde in color with a long tail that came to about 6" off the ground and then swept back up. The tail was actually what made me know what it was. The head was big as a basketball while it was staring at me <15yrds away as I was on the ground with it. Some big-wig biologists with the state came and got plaster casts of tracks in the swamp and found a beaver that had been killed and buried under a bunch of sticks. Never got any follow-up or heard anything else about it...except, "There are no big cats in GA".
    Last edited by MKW; 11-29-2022 at 07:24 PM.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Damn, where do I start?

Let’s start out easy….

I was surveying in N Georgia, very large tract of land, and walked up on a table in the middle of the woods. Sitting around the table were 4 mannequins playing poker complete with cards, chips, likker and ash trays with cigarette butts in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn, where do I start?

Let’s start out easy….

I was surveying in N Georgia, very large tract of land, and walked up on a table in the middle of the woods. Sitting around the table were 4 mannequins playing poker complete with cards, chips, likker and ash trays with cigarette butts in them.
    I would run like a scolded dog if I saw that. Creepy! FYI I saw a dog jack off one time

Went to shoot a WMA wood duck hole one morning,

There was a about 20yds off the turnaround I could walk into the woods without a light and then I would have to cut my headlamp on to look for a certain landmark to know which way to turn to take me to the swamp. Walked in a ways, cut my light on and then happened to glance down. The first thing I saw was a dead German Shepherd directly between my feet. I must have jumped 3’ in the air.

When we walked out that morning I kicked it over, it had been shot and someone had dumped it out down there
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I saw one cross the old main road at Bettyneck like 30 years ago, black as a struck match, looked like it never touched the ground.
    Mmmhmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn, where do I start?

Let’s start out easy….

Reminds me.. Eastern NC

Several dozen baby dolls hanging by the neck from trees in the middle of nowhere. Creepy.

So which one had the winning hand?

There were cards all over the place. Most were on the ground.

I have got some good one's but the latest was seeing a young man shoot a bigass doe with a bow and arrow inside my my other house THROUGH a window---cracked just a little at 20-YDS. DRT!~ This was 4 days ago. Talking about sporting that was cool as heck!!
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I saw a bear shit in the woods one time. People didn't believe me when I told them.

I saw it again a few months later but had my camera with me this time.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-30-2022 at 08:28 AM.

The donkey show in Tijuana is real, or at least it was in the early 80's
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-29-2022 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    The cat was blonde in color with a long tail that came to about 6" off the ground and then swept back up. The tail was actually what made me know what it was. The head was big as a basketball while it was staring at me <15yrds away as I was on the ground with it. Some big-wig biologists with the state came and got plaster casts of tracks in the swamp and found a beaver that had been killed and buried under a bunch of sticks. Never got any follow-up or heard anything else about it...except, "There are no big cats in GA".
    There was a Florida panther killed in western Georgia near the Alabama line several years back. It wouldn't surprise me if there's been several that have ventured up into Georgia.