Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Random, Awesome Stuff

About 35 years ago when I was a teenager, two of my dads friends, both named Steve, took me deer hunting. Steve H was a piece of work. We heard him shoot twice. He said a bunch of does came out. He shot one and “they all ran around “. He shot at what he thought was the same one and “they all ran off”. We found two blood trails crossing the road 20 yards apart. 100 yards into the woods on the other side of the road, we all three walk up on two bedded does, like to within 10 yards and they are just laying there looking around. Weird. The Steves assume they are both wounded (but they look fine) and they send me back to the truck to get a rifle.
    When I got back after 10-15 minutes, only Steve B is there and he’s shaking his head. He says that one of the deer got up and walked straight at them. Steve H asked Steve B for his knife, which was a custom fixed blade with about a 6 inch blade. The deer walks up to within inches of Steve H then turns and takes one bound, then starts slowly walking away. Steve H runs up behind the deer and plunges the knife in its back. The deer takes off dragging Steve H. Steve B says they tore through the woods and out of hearing about 10 minutes ago. We yell for Steve H but no response. After 10 more minutes we hear a pitiful wail a ways off. We start making our way in that direction and eventually walk up on a helluva scene. There is a 10 foot diameter circle of nothing but blood everywhere. The deer is dead with its throat slit and a gruesome cut down its back from chest to hips, with all its guts hanging out and some intestines caught on bushes yards away. Steve H is on his back wheezing and so out of breath he can’t talk. His camo tshirt is pushed up like a halter top and stuffed with leaves. His pants are full of leaves and debris from being dragged through the the woods. His big white beer belly is gleaming in the moonlight, his belly and chest bruised and beat to shit by hooves. The custom knife is laying by his side, and by god he was not gonna let that deer run off with the knife in its back.
    We never saw the other deer again and no bullet wound in this deer could we find.

I'll drink to that!
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

As God as my witness I saw a 8 inch tall rabbit run across a 25 inch deep gum pond. Bounced on the water till he got to the other side. I saw it open it’s paws in the air and slap down on the water when it hit and bounce. If I would not have seen it I would not believe it. Thank God for His mystery.

Jesus rabbit ??

Quote Originally Posted by santee11 View Post
    As God as my witness I saw a 8 inch tall rabbit run across a 25 inch deep gum pond. Bounced on the water till he got to the other side. I saw it open it’s paws in the air and slap down on the water when it hit and bounce. If I would not have seen it I would not believe it. Thank God for His mystery.
    You must be in the weed business.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Strike View Post
    Jesus rabbit ??
    That’s why they call them Peter rabbits.

About a year ago (1/3/22) I was looking for some property in Montana, specifically southeast Montana. I found a listing on Facebook classified I hadn’t seen on the usual real estate pages. I call and speak with the owner. I’m asking normal questions, small talking, she says she wants to move east where she has family, she actually just got back to Montana after visiting for the holidays the day before. I tell her I’m in NC, and she asked where, I told her Boone and she audibly gasped.

My son’s birthday is New Year’s Eve. My wife ordered one of those companies that do yard signs. It says “Happy 9th Birthday Woodrow “ with some baseballs and footballs. Didn’t really think about it, definitely didn’t bring it up. It was up a couple days past his birthday. My house is old, 1887, somewhat well known in the area due to its age and it being a church originally.

I’m talking to the seller, she gasps when I tell her I’m in Boone. She tells me she was just in Boone, she wants to move there. My bs meter is going off. She’s asking about where I live, and I’m hesitant to tell this random person info on my life, but she’s mentioning things that check out (land marks, where family went to school, etc). I casually mention our house used to be a church, we renovated it, very general area (named our community name in Boone). Completely unprompted she says, “is it your son’s birthday and is his name Woodrow?” She drove by my house with her uncle the day before, her uncle likes local history and told her about my house’s past. She had family past my house on the same road they were visiting.

The crazy odds that I randomly called a property owner to buy their land 1200+ miles away the day after she drove by my house and learned about it, while my son’s birthday sign was out front so she could actually remember it, blows my mind. The odds of that happening have to be lower than winning the lottery.

I didn’t buy the land, but I got a cool story.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 12-05-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Forgot to add, I looked at her Facebook profile as well. She had old family photos from the early 1900’s posted long before we spoke on the phone, it included several prominent names in my area and references to the area.
    Last edited by huntinghagen#12; 12-05-2022 at 05:58 AM.

Just seen't a decent six-point up against the cement guardrail on Independence. Not sure how he woulda got there?
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

i reckon he walked.
    or maybe ran.
    or flew.

but i'm leaning towards the running part.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Just seen't a decent six-point up against the cement guardrail on Independence. Not sure how he woulda got there?
    Saw two dead coyotes on the shoulder between 485 and tyvola yesterday. First ones I’ve seen through that stretch in a long time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Saw a mama doe and fawn lay up under our barn until the rain passed while out hunting

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Forgot to add, I looked at her Facebook profile as well. She had old family photos from the early 1900’s posted long before we spoke on the phone, it included several prominent names in my area and references to the area.
    I love small world stuff. I was in Rome back in October eating dinner on our last night there. Some friends of friends who lived there were dining with us. I hear one woman say she graduated from Camden High so of course we got to talking. She asked me if I knew a certain person, who as luck would have it was the last person I talked to before I left the states.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

rome georgia?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

These are on the side of a swamp road. Dang dozier man found 'em and hung them in the trees. Creeped me out the first time I saw them, as it was in the flashlight.
    BM_223PapermillRd-14.jpg
    BM_223PapermillRd-15.jpg
    BM_223PapermillRd-16.jpg

This was by a public area on the river near my house.

82527152-C00B-4D6D-AB2D-968C54CC3E55.jpg

Being a police officer for 11 years I have a few stories. Most probably shouldn't be typed online...

One of the most notable ones was a prominent, very conservative, local politician's daughter I found getting rotisseried in the back of a car one night by two dudes.

Had a CofC girl butt naked on a bench outside a bar in Mt. P wearing herself out with her fingers .. It was a sight to see..

I've also seen plenty of stuff to make most people's skin crawl....
    Last edited by Fireman; 12-06-2022 at 12:03 PM.

IMG_20221030_163501937.jpg

My granddaughter is an awesome hunting partner
    Last edited by flockbuster; 12-06-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

IMG_20220317_090923336.jpgIMG_20220325_075824434.jpg

Found while turkey hunting this past spring. Pretty sure there's some voodoo stuff going on
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Hagen that is wild.

Voodoo or Devil Worshippers?

I’ve seen Devil Worshippers on old state road, about 10 years ago with a couple members on this site.