Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bonus Blessings

Default Bonus Blessings

First, thank you all for the generosity with which you gave of your time and resources to offer items for the auction, and for all of the generous bids. Because we were able to raise so much money, Jacob asked that we hold back some funds for someone else who would inevitably need such a blessing. Gut Pile and I would have none of it, and that was the end of that discussion. Sometimes God has other plans.

Through a friend, we became aware of a young man named Noah, who is in the MUSC Children’s hospital with some pretty serious cancer. He is in pain, and he is facing some pretty serious odds. Today, thanks to all of your generosity, and at Jacob’s insistence, we were able to visit Noah, and give his mother a check for $10,000. That money will allow Noah’s mother and grandmother much more time with him in the coming months. Only God knows how much time Noah has left, but whatever that number is, he will absolutely spend more of it in the company of his family. If you have an extra prayer or two, Noah Madison could use them.

Also, if you are ever in need of perspective, a pediatric cancer unit will provide it in spades. Most of my difficulty in life is self inflicted, but these young people and their families have done nothing to deserve the hand they’ve been dealt.

Thank you all for your kindness. We can’t do everything for everybody, but we can darn sure do something for somebody.

Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

What a great blessing

Proud of the group, and praying for Noah.

You guys are great!!!!!!!!!

Man this is awesome. Good on y’all for making that happen. God always finds a way, even when we don’t think one is possible. God bless this young man, Jacob, and all of you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Good stuff, Boozer!

That’s great!

OUTSTANDING!

Absolutely Amazing. May God's Hands touch and heal this young man, and provide comfort to his family.

Awesome stuff! Hopefully young Noah can beat it.

Team Noah!

Awesome stuff! Prayers for Noah.

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Humbling for sure. A great thing y’all did.

That's awesome.

Thank you.

And the part about the pediatric cancer unit…..truer words were never spoken.

Just got home from playing with my youngest grandkids while watching my older grandkids play baseball and softball on adjacent fields. Then I get home and read this. I had to hand the phone to my wife to read this thread because I'm to choked up to read it to her. Thank you for what y'all have done for these folks.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

That’s Awesome!! Prayers sent for Noah and his family!
    Bone....

I heard Noah’s story last weekend and have been praying for him, his family, and his medical team.

I don’t know how pediatric oncologists do what they do.

To be clear, “we” haven’t done anything. Y’all did this. Because we had so much, Jacob had what he needed, and was able to donate some extra. This site is pure shit for decent football discussion, but this group comes to arms when its needed. Makes me proud to know you doofuses
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands