Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streaming Router Recommendation?

I don't speak iTard, so you're on your own there. I like choices, not what Apple chooses to shove down my throat.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I'd imagine there should be an option where you can turn off the auto-delete function thingy. That way when you delete on your phone, it stays in the cloud storage. At least that's what Google does.

If I delete the pic on my phone it's stays in the cloud. But if I delete it from the cloud, it gives you the option to delete the file in both places.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I'd imagine there should be an option where you can turn off the auto-delete function thingy. That way when you delete on your phone, it stays in the cloud storage. At least that's what Google does.

If I delete the pic on my phone it's stays in the cloud. But if I delete it from the cloud, it gives you the option to delete the file in both places.

Great option, I just haven't found it, or figured it out yet, on the iPhone.

I just went to download the EERO app to install the EERO system, and the app requires IOS 15.0 at minimum. I'm stuck for now at IOS 14.8 due to lack of space on this frickin' phone. The IOS 15.7 (current version) says it needs 3.2 GB free to install, and I'm presently at 0.8 GB. Deleting these pictures isn't picking up as much space as it should.

I wish I'd been a touch smarter about getting more than 32 GB on the phone to start with when I bought them. Now it's going to be a fight to get an upgrade unless I run over this one with the tractor or something.... hmmm....

Update - In order to get the IOS update, I off-loaded a ton of pictures to iCloud and was able to get the 15.7.2 update, so all is well for now.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-24-2022 at 08:01 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Update - I installed the three EERO6 Plus(?) pucks last night and while the signal strength at the main TV is excellent, I am greatly disappointed at his close together I had to place them to satisfy the app.

I’ll have to play with the placements when I get a chance.

Will the ranges of each puck be affected when I upgrade to the 300 Mbps signal vs the 20 Mbps I have today? I’m assuming it won’t, although it will obviously improve how many different streams can be used at the same time.

Update - 12/24/2022… In case anyone is looking for this kind of feedback for their own mesh WiFi installation, once I moved the router puck about 10’ closer to the upstairs office door (it was set back in a corner on the desk) I was able to move the second puck from the main 1st floor hall out to the far kitchen counter. This let the second puck connect to the third puck in the sun room off the far rear corner of the living room instead of the main router puck. I can now pick up the WiFi out in the garage and much of the back yard, etc.

My last speed test after upgrading to a 300 Mbps plan with Spectrum gave me a 377 Mbps download (it was about 18) and 12 Mbps upload (it was about 2.7-3), so I am quite happy with the change.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 12-24-2022 at 07:58 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

No. Range and speed are different, but related, monsters. The effective range will depend more on placement of the pucks. The end result as far as speed goes will largely depend on two variables... speed of the internet connection and distance from the puck.

Given all other variables equal, you'll see faster speeds if the source internet connection is 300MBps versus a 25MBps.

Make sense?

We use a 600M connection from Spectrum and it's been solid. My son had no issues when playing his online games with his buddies and my daughter has no issues while video chatting with her friends. Our modem is in the same area as my A/V closet in the living room. My smart TV, PS4, Denon receiver, Roku all have wired connections. Got Cat 5/6 running to a few other spots via the attic and crawl space also, including the 2nd Eero puck. 3rd is wireless. Everything else is on the WiFi.

Been real pleased with the setup overall.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-09-2022 at 01:37 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]