Thread: SBR 300 Black Out Optic

Default SBR 300 Black Out Optic

Looking for something under $400 in a variable power. Gun will be set up for subsonics for hogs, deer, etc.

Thought?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Vortex Strike Eagle in a 1-6x or 1-8x.

Meopta Optika 6 is what I’m looking at for mine.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Trijicon credo from Eurooptic.com?

What specifications are you eying Mark? Just read a sniperhide review comparing Meopta and Trijicon and the author gave the nod to the Credo. I'm considering optics as well for a 300BO. Curious.

Looking at the Optika6 1-6X24 RD will fit your need perfectly. That is what I have on our comp. carbines and also use them for pig/predator control. I prefer the K-Dot reticle and SFP reticle. Truly amazing how fast you can get on target with this reticle. It is perfect for a .300 BO and you can dial in drops with Strelok Pro if you decide to stretch your shots out a bit.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

I have two different scopes for my BLK. An Eotech dot for subsonic and some run of the mill magnified scope with Larue QD mounts for supersonics. The mounts of both are so repeatable I don't have to worry about re-zeroing after a glass swap. The two dot Eotech works well because the top dot is on at 50 yards and the bottom dot at 100. 110 grain supersonics will suffice for most deer hunting out to 300 yards or so.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 11-28-2022 at 08:12 AM.

I know ya said variable but I have great luck with a Primary Arms SLX 5x Prism if you are able to mount it fairly close to your eye.
    ACSS - Aurora reticle.
    Vortex 1-6 & 1-8 keep it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I have two different scopes for my BLK. An Eotech dot for subsonic and some run of the mill magnified scope with Larue QD mounts for supersonics. The mounts of both are so repeatable I don't have to worry about re-zeroing after a glass swap. The two dot Eotech works well because the top dot is on at 50 yards and the bottom dot at 100. 110 grain supersonics will suffice for most deer hunting out to 300 yards or so.
    Which eotech 2 dot are you using? The one that is marketed at a 300 black out scope or one like a EXPS3-2?
    I have been looking at the 2 dot versions and I think they are both the same minus the 300 blackout designation. If so, I would rather have the NVG capable 2 dot (exps3-2) versus the 300 black out exps 2.
    I have read also that your top dot can be on at 50yds for subs and 100 for supers. I know there is more at play to that but have you tried it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think mine is the EXPS3-2 or whatever the non-NV version of that is. Supersonics don't hit anywhere near the same place as subsonics with my gun so I use the Eotech for subsonic only and the magnified scope for fast bullets only.

Thoughts on sig sauer tango?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    Thoughts on sig sauer tango?
    I don’t have any experience with them, but SOCOM selected it as one of their LPVOs.

Everything you’ll want to know about it. You can skip to the 6 minute mark to get to the meat of it

Last edited by wskinner; 11-28-2022 at 08:49 PM.