Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle Scope

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    There's a reason others buy their glass from Meopta
    economies of scale?

If you have a military/LEO connection Leupold and Meopta offer a generous discount, others may as well but those two companies are what I would be purchasing again.

meopta Meostar R2-1.7-10-RD-BDC2
    Last edited by centurian; 11-23-2022 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    MeoStar R1 3-12x56
    R2 I don’t think the R1’s have illuminated reticles, or at least the older ones didn’t.

The illuminated recticle are the trick. Never like them till i tried them. Now i have two.

Quote Originally Posted by bearclaw View Post
    R2 I don’t think the R1’s have illuminated reticles, or at least the older ones didn’t.
    I will have to double check my model then. May have the R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bman940 View Post
    Did you know that Zeiss has Meopta make some of the glass for their riflescopes? They did the Cabela's brand optics as well as a few others too. There's a reason others buy their glass from Meopta, besides the fact that they have been a glass company for over 80 years.
    The older Ziess Conquest and the Meopta Meopro had the same glass. They were manufactured by Meopta, that ended in like 2008 or ‘09. The Ziess Terra(ble) has glass from the Philippines in it. Ziess is like most, they source components to fit their line budgets for different optics.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I had two Ziess conquest scopes. Their warranty is terrible too. Sent one back a conquest which was then obsolete. they sent me back a Asian made Terra to replace a $850 European made scope. I never even open the box. I sold it as a new scope which it was. Sold the other Ziess too. They could have bumped me up to the higher level scope instead they pushed me down to the lower level scope. And Ziess will get as much bad PR as i can convey. Their warranty stinks.
    Last edited by centurian; 11-23-2022 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    I will have to double check my model then. May have the R2.

My scope is the R1r. The scope is great and my old man eyes can shoot until last legal light with it. Can’t recommend enough

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    beech-is the "used" glass still pretty much brand new glass? there's a zeiss v6 on there i'm looking hard at. any experience with demo vs used?
    I’ve only purchased one Zeiss from them but I was very pleased with it. I could not tell any difference from a new scope.

I don't know if there is bad European optic's manufacturer, undoubtedly there is, but the big boys all make quality products, it's just who has the biggest mark-ups for out sourced products and who gives you the best value of quality over price. We all know that just because one person likes something doesn't mean you will like it too. Look down the tube, do your research, and buy what makes you the happiest. It is true that Meopta does have an excellent LE/Mil/First Responder Program. I have the info on that if anyone needs it?
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas

Another vote for Leupold VX5 or VX6. Have both and they are incredible scopes
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Anyone know how to decipher Trijicon’s new naming scheme? Are they still a top performer for low light?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowcountry Boy View Post
    Anyone know how to decipher Trijicon’s new naming scheme? Are they still a top performer for low light?

Yeah, just buy the Accupoint. The TenMile is considered their long range series with the intention to be a PRS alternative, the Credo and Huron are lower price point optics based on the Accupower line. VCOG,TenMile, Credo and Huron all use a battery powered Rheostat. The Accupoint and ACOG are fiber optic and tritium illumination.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

You may want to consider a fixed power scope from one of the top shelf companies.....schmitt & bender, kaps, doctor......

My top low light scope is a 7x56 meostar....R1......discontinued.