Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightest, Warmest Coat for Bowhunting?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    She a boney gal?
    Na, just from a tropical island.

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Are you serious about this? Bc my girl friend freezes in the winter. Like, heat in 75, heating blanket, etc.
    I've never used one, but have read posts by guys who do and swear by them for cold weather. And at that 50% price it may be worth a try for your girl friend. The kicker would be to keep at least a 10,000 mah battery and maybe another 5,000-10,000 for backup.

Let us know what she thinks of it.

I checked while I was looking for something else and Amazon has this vest for $45…

https://www.amazon.com/Vest-Electric...56284166&psc=1
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-23-2022 at 07:45 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by smallwater View Post
    I bought a Rivers West jacket about 15 years ago that was purported to be comfortable down to 25 degrees with only one layer underneath. It is lightweight, but it has never been that warm to me. It also doesn't breathe well, and so it stays wet on the inside.

Any better suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    You've not said what temperature ranges you're looking for a jacket for. It makes a big difference.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Get one of these vests and you won’t need to worry about which jacket you have on…

https://hilipert.com/me/hilipert/hea...ign_id=1767718

Which Rivers West jacket do you have? I’ve got an old Dakota jacket that I’ve learned to not wear while walking in due to the sweating. I just don’t put it on until I’m ready to sit down.
    It's the Rivers West Cascade Mountains. I do usually carry it and put it on once at the stand. I recently walked out with it still on and got soaked.

I usually don't bring it into action until it's below 40 and rarely hunt in under 25. I do layer but just trying to go as skinny as possible. It shocks me how wet it gets even when I don't think I'm sweating. It needs to be washed every time I wear it.

Thanks for all the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    Are you serious about this? Bc my girl friend freezes in the winter. Like, heat in 75, heating blanket, etc.
    StrutnBPS, I saw the link to this heated vest review in my DIY newsletter and thought you might like to read it...

https://www.familyhandyman.com/list/...MagStatus=NONE
    ~ George Washington

I've got a First Lite Source jacket. That and the Stratus jacket have worked good for me this year for sure.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Kuiu is your answer. I do have that wind proof Filson sweater too but can absolutely NOT wear it unless it’s below 32 degrees. Also a heat gear pullover hoodie and a wool watch cap with one of those lightweight Kuiu jackets will keep you warm in SC in about anything you describe you hunt in. Kuiu alone will cover down to mid thirties with a t shirt under it in my experience.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.