Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HELP- Metal Detector needed- Sandy Run Area

Default HELP- Metal Detector needed- Sandy Run Area

Guys- I have a little piece of Hunting Property off I-26 at Exit 129(US21). While putting Corn out yesterday, I lost my Wedding Band. Does anyone live out this way that has a Nice Metal Detector? This thing could be in the Corn Cobs or in the leaves nearby. I will be happy to pay to borrow it, or pay you if you have time to run it. I understand it's the Holidays, so anytime that works for you will work for me now or after Thanksgiving.

I appreciate any help offered.

Moe Dunn
    803-513-0200
    Last edited by SwampDecoy; 11-22-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Does your wife know?

tough situation, hope you find it. Been there done that. Just burnt mine up installing a new battery in the 4 wheeler. Let me tell you gold conduct electricity very well and heats up very fast. Burned my finger pretty bad. AND YES i know better than to do that.
    Last edited by centurian; 11-22-2022 at 01:48 PM.

One of the many reasons I wear one of those silicone rings.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

One of the reasons I don't wear one at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    One of the many reasons I wear one of those silicone rings.
    So wearing a silicone one means you don't lose it?

Ecu has/had a detector at one time

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    Not at all. It means I'm out $30 which is much cheaper than what my real band cost.

But I have found that the silicone is much more apt to stay on when your hands are cold/wet/muddy, basically doing anything we enjoy doing outdoors. Then there's that whole degloving thing, google that one.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    It’s $20 on Amazon to replace if you do lose it. And they fit and move with your finger. I only wear my nice wedding band on nice occasions. Those silicone ones are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Not at all. It means I'm out $30 which is much cheaper than what my real band cost.

But I have found that the silicone is much more apt to stay on when your hands are cold/wet/muddy, basically doing anything we enjoy doing outdoors. Then there's that whole degloving thing, google that one.
    Yeah hard pass on "degloving" I have seen some pictures of that and I dont care to see any more. I tried the silicone rings for a little bit. Never was a fan so went back to regular

I'd love to help, but I'm pretty far away and I have a house full of people for Thanksgiving. I could probably come one day next week if you haven't gotten anyone by then.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

For some reason, mine has shrunk over the years. No way I am losing it without losing the finger at same time. Need to get it cut off at some point and will probably go with silicon with the next one.

Let me ask a couple of my buddies. I will text you if I know anything

Sorry I'm no help on the whole metal detector thingy...

But I will second the silicone ring. After trying a cheaper version I ended up with a Groove Life and sweat doesn't get trapped under it leaving a white ring of soft skin. It breathes.

Plus if it snags on something it won't rip the skin on my finger off, take the whole thing! Had one break a while back and Groove Life sent me a new one no questions asked. Warranty is great! I did an online chat with the rep and it was a short convo. Easy preezy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-23-2022 at 12:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Wish I had one and could help. I agree with the silicone ring movement. Plenty of styles but I buy 10 packs for under $10 off amazon. Lost several real ones. First one offshore fishing within months of being married.
    Also have a friend who is a boat mechanic that reached under the deck of a boat for something and somehow hit a hot wire with his ring and it cooked the hell out of his finger where it sat. Took almost 2 months to heal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    I'd love to help, but I'm pretty far away and I have a house full of people for Thanksgiving. I could probably come one day next week if you haven't gotten anyone by then.
    I may could you use for the same reason and I am much closer!

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    I may could you use for the same reason and I am much closer!
    I'll be glad to help.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

I lost mine once bushhogging a field. Ordered a $80 detector off Amazon and found it in less than an hour.
    Here's the link to it

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Sorry I'm no help on the whole metal detector thingy...

But I will second the silicone ring. After trying a cheaper version I ended up with a Groove Life and sweat doesn't get trapped under it leaving a white ring of soft skin under it. It breathes.

Plus if it snags on something it won't rip the skin on my finger off, take the whole thing! Had one break a while back and Groove Life sent me a new one no questions asked. Warranty is great! I did an online chat with the rep and it was a short convo. Easy preezy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Same here with Groove life. Been wearing them for about 5 years. Once a year one will tear, and they have a new one in the way within days. Pretty much $30 for a lifetime supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Have had 2 friends who lost their entire ring finger due to getting it caught on something ... Another friend lost same finger from tightening a battery terminal with a pair of vice-grips that instantly welded to a titanium ring after bridging posts on a 1250 CCA battery, got so instantly hot it burnt his finger off.

After seeing that last one, I don't wear any jewelery at all when working.

I do have a higher end metal detector ... Time prohibits me from coming to help you, but you can borrow it if we can work out logistics.
    Last edited by Swift Strike; 11-22-2022 at 04:40 PM.