Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Thanksgiving Spreads

Still waiting

Last edited by Catdaddy; 11-24-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The main reason I even replied was to answer your question about what I thought it was and give a recipe. What some folks call greasy rice is called by others consomme or maybe pilaf. Greenheadrocker looks like he's starting a chicken bog in my vocabulary. I didn't mean to offend. I'll delete my offensive recipe and the others that quoted it can please delete their copies of it and I'll just move along. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and call it whatever you want.
    We always just call that brown rice. But it's fine eating too. There aint much rice I turn my nose up to anyways.

You need to crack the whip bubba! What in the hell is the hold up? Take charge, take charge my man!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Damn I guess ill meaningfully contribute to the forum now.

Whole hog BBQ vinegar pepper bbq sauce
    fried turkey
    rotisserie turkey
    ham
    greasy rice
    creamed corn
    lima beans
    butter beans
    string beans
    coleslaw
    chicken bog
    mac n cheese
    dressing
    cranberry out the can
    im sure my aunt will bring that weird marshmellow fruit salad desert no one touches
    and i know grandma will have a 12 layer chocolate cake cooked up.
    I'm thrown off by the fact that this man said memaw is throwing down a TWELVE LAYER chocolate cake and what yall saw was something about rice.

Iam tickled to know I'm not the only person that thinks turkey cooked in an oven sucks. I am, however, the turkey fryer/ smoker of the bunch, and I thought we were eating out this year, so my wife took the reigns and baked it. Good enough, since I've been blowing leaves and cutting grass all morning (yes, I'm that guy).

On a weirder note, as we were eating dinner, my stepson got a friend request on Facebook from my dad that died in September, so there's that. Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.
    "Mother Nature and Father Time- still undefeated."

- "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

What a spread! How many people you feeding? 20?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

A few more than that. Second round of plates being consumed as we speak.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Looks great!

Everything was great.

This is all that's left of my wife's Bourbon Pecan Pound cake.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Just got a pot of Sharkman's collards going...
    He don’t know shit about sharks, don’t let him fool you. Knucklehead man is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boduke View Post
    Most of you pretentious fucks get on my damn nerves, but this dude has it going on.

I messed around and got the flu. Felt like crap Monday during my oldests tonsillectomy. Went to work and could barely keep my head up. Went to doctor and had 103 fever until today. Still can't be around anyone for a couple days. Hopefully someone will bring us a to go plate
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Everything was great.

This is all that's left of my wife's Bourbon Pecan Pound cake.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Damn, I want that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    I messed around and got the flu. Felt like crap Monday during my oldests tonsillectomy. Went to work and could barely keep my head up. Went to doctor and had 103 fever until today. Still can't be around anyone for a couple days. Hopefully someone will bring us a to go plate
    My folks have that flu as well,

I was around them Sunday and Monday a little but before they got sick Tuesday and yesterday. I’m still feeling fine, thankfully. Our thanksgiving was at grandmas anyway so it didn’t really mess anything up
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by TheVisorGuy View Post
    Hope you get better quickly VG.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Damn, I want that.
    Come git some Tater, we're a lot closer than CD... Yesterday my wife made the recipe CD posted earlier in this thread and wasn't 100% pleased so she is downstairs now making "her" version of bourbon pecan pound cake. I just finished my 3rd piece for today but we still have plenty left over. We're gonna be covered up with it shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Hope you get better quickly VG.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    My folks have that flu as well,

I was around them Sunday and Monday a little but before they got sick Tuesday and yesterday. I’m still feeling fine, thankfully. Our thanksgiving was at grandmas anyway so it didn’t really mess anything up
    I very seldom get sick other than the occasional stomach virus the kids bring home but this has kicked me in the teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Gunning Bird View Post
    Come git some Tater, we're a lot closer than CD... Yesterday my wife made the recipe CD posted earlier in this thread and wasn't 100% pleased so she is downstairs now making "her" version of bourbon pecan pound cake. I just finished my 3rd piece for today but we still have plenty left over. We're gonna be covered up with it shortly.
    Bring me a thick slice and let’s go fishing in the morning.

This is us. What you don’t see is the collards and stuffing on the stove or all of the desserts to the right.
    EA420F75-45D3-4DD6-8553-6B35D93EE3B8.jpg