Thread: Roku & YouTube TV …

Default Roku & YouTube TV …

I’m working on setting up the TV’s with Roku (stick #3820) and YT TV. Getting YT TV to connect automatically was more fun than anyone should have with clothes on…

Does YT TV, or any other paid subscription service, store your info and sign into your account automatically, the way I’d think it should work?

I ask because YT tried numerous times to make me sign in each time I tried to open it. The Best Buy Tech couldn’t help, either. It eventually worked when I swapped the sticks from the living room and the dun room, which makes no sense since rebooting them hadn’t worked before that… ??? They seem to work now, but is there something I missed?

Also, the letter size is so small on the TV (and I can’t enlarge the text size, and she can only see clearly out of one eye), do I’m trying to set up her laptop as if it was a remote control so she can run the TV from it.

Any suggestions on how to do that? Just trying to use Bluetooth with the Roku account or YT TV web sites isn’t working.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I have roku and DIRECTV stream. Used to have YouTube TV. Both signed in automatically every time after the first time logging in. Just clicked the app on the Home Screen and it logged in.

I’ve got nothing for the text size

Roku is great. I am replacing all of these pos Apple TV's as soon as the fish quit biting and I have time to get to town...

Oh wait……NM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldblackdog View Post
    I have roku and DIRECTV stream. Used to have YouTube TV. Both signed in automatically every time after the first time logging in. Just clicked the app on the Home Screen and it logged in.

I’ve got nothing for the text size
    It seems to be working that way now. Last night and earlier today YT TV would only automatically sign in on one tv. When I swapped the sticks it started to work right. Beats me why…?

I just wish I could enlarge this text as I’m sure not going to get two new tv’s anytime soon. If using the laptop as the remote doesn’t work out, I’ll get my wife some low power binos for Christmas…
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-19-2022 at 08:52 PM.
    ~ George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Oh wait……NM.
    They taste about the same and you damned well know it...

I got YTube on everything we got. Truck included as the wi-fi- runnin 6 things no problems
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Don't forget a digital antenna.

I get almost 40 channels with mine. Now 4 of them are ETV channels but I get local NBC, CBS and Fox stations.

I watch Andy Griffith and Jeapardy almost every night now. I ain't done that since I was a kid.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 12-03-2022 at 09:55 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

I’ve got digital antennas next to every TV, but they don’t get many stations or very good reception, even in the guest room upstairs. All are amplified antennas, so I guess it’s our location and I really need a rooftop one, that isn’t going to get installed by me any time soon.
    ~ George Washington

i agree and old westerns are on all day sunday

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    I’ve got digital antennas next to every TV, but they don’t get many stations or very good reception, even in the guest room upstairs. All are amplified antennas, so I guess it’s our location and I really need a rooftop one, that isn’t going to get installed by me any time soon.
    Dang, that stinks. I went all out and got this one, installed it in the attic. We're surrounded by trees and the house is 2 story so it's pretty elevated. Might be a solid option for ya.

It even picks up FM radio signals which have been a challenge at my house. Every now and again if the Clemson football game is on a channel I don't get I'll simply turn on the local classic rock station that carries it and do something productive like some reloading.

Check this out on Amazon
    ANTOP AT-800SBSJ HD Smart Panel: HDTV FM Amplified Outdoor/Indoor(Attic) Antenna with Smart Boost System, 85 mile range https://a.co/3V1N9D5

Last edited by willyworm; 12-03-2022 at 01:34 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Dang, that stinks. I went all out and got this one and installed it in the attic. We're surrounded by trees and the house is 2 story so it's pretty elevated. Might be a solid option for ya.

Itv even picks up FM radio signals which have been a challenge at my house. Every now and again if the Clemson football game is on a channel I don't get I'll simply turn on the local classic rock station that carries it and do something productive like some reloading.

Check this out on Amazon
    ANTOP AT-800SBSJ HD Smart Panel: HDTV FM Amplified Outdoor/Indoor(Attic) Antenna with Smart Boost System, 85 mile range https://a.co/3V1N9D5

If it becomes enough of an issue I could install something like that in the attic, run the cable down a PVC pipe I had installed at construction just for that purpose (although that pipe might be full of wires by now), and then run cable through that section of crawl space to the two main TV's. Good suggestion. Thanks.
    ~ George Washington

Good idea. With the reception of the antenna being so strong plus the amplifier, assuming the reception is good enough, downstream of the amp you could in theory use a splitter on the coax to feed multiple TVs and be fine.

Last edited by willyworm; 12-07-2022 at 07:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]