Thread: Winterplace WV

Anybody here know anything about trout fishing up that way??
    I am being lugged on a ski trip up that way and am looking to do some fishing.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I hear tell of a small but gregarious population of snook in that area. Give'm hell with a DOA bait buster.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

no, but that ain't skiing, that is ice-sliding, LOL.

I know a few spots within 45 minutes of that disaster of a ski resort. Let me know if you want the details...
    At least I'm housebroken.

[img]graemlins/fu2.gif[/img] Hey Stripa, You thought I was crazy when I posted that.
    Well, We need to catch up I happen to know a secret!!
    pssssd, they can't survive the Cold winters, so they are kinda small, but hey, thats just what I've heard. LOL
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

On the way to Winterplace there are 4 maybe 5 streams just off the interstate through nc and va. As fas as west virginia, the public water is kinda hard to find, and where it runs through private land(especially where the owner owns both sides of the water) you will get your ass shot. I am not kidding, word on da FF street is in WV you better know where you are and whose land you are on while fishing, or things could get bad in a hurry. Best way to go about it is get the Gazateer for WV and pray there are lil black fishes nearby. I personally ain't lost anything in WV.

And take heed there is hybrid trout in dem waters, not enuff tru trout around anymore [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Dookie:
    the public water is kinda hard to find, and where it runs through private land(especially where the owner owns both sides of the water) you will get your ass shot. I am not kidding, word on da FF street is in WV you better know where you are and whose land you are on while fishing, or things could get bad in a hurry.

Yeah I have found that while researching.

And take heed there is hybrid trout in dem waters, not enuff tru trout around anymore [img]graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]
    I heard that to dook, Oh well, guess I'll take the hybrids.