Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1984 again....they are watching us

Default 1984 again....they are watching us

From The State today...SLED is tracking us.

https://www.thestate.com/opinion/art...source=twitter

I figured those cameras were just for traffic control and accident evidence.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

"The lawsuit shows that SLED created this program by itself, without legislative authorization, and without the restraints or oversight. That means that important questions like – where do cameras go, how many pictures do they take, which pictures are stored and for how long, and who has access to the database – are answered without any democratic process or political accountability."

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/opinion/art...#storylink=cpy

And of course when I had a tractor stolen from a farm a few years back, LE would not even consider tapping into these cameras to help find who stole the tractor. Would not have been that hard to see a large red tractor on a trailer.

thats the part that pisses me off. same thing with stolen shit in my hood.

other than that, I really dont give a rip if they know i drive home every day after work.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Without going into detail, I’ve used them to solve multi jurisdictional thefts but knew who I was already looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doesn’t surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    thats the part that pisses me off. same thing with stolen shit in my hood.

other than that, I really dont give a rip if they know i drive home every day after work.
    They can hear your car rattling from their office on Broad River Rd
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Capture.JPG

I only do it so I can keep you safe.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The cameras up and down the interstate are owned by DOT and are traffic flow purposes only. They do not record however a company in pawleys island has started recording and saving the live feeds. For a charge, they will send you the video.

The cameras you see in downtown Columbia, Camden and other small municipalities are owned by those police agencies. Rep Rutherford has been outspoken about the cameras and the “big brother” effect they have. I was at an event with Camden PD when they received a text from the cameras that a stolen car just entered their jurisdiction. They arrested the guy while he was in the drive through of McDonald’s.

What the hell is the pole full of cameras at 174 X Jungle Road?

I am not that high tech BUT you can get a cover for you tag that make it difficult for cameras to to view. That includes red light, speed, and toll cameras and of coarse the big brother cams. If you are watching my travels you will be bored. A two bit gum shoe can do that good for what it is worth.

hitch haul and a cooler will fix this
    Windows Down!

Probably an rfd chip in the tags so they don’t have to read em

You are all missing the bigger story here. This is the first time I’ve seen an article on thestate.com that was actually news in years. Do they have reporters again now?

The cameras in the city here have helped with several arrests within minutes/hours that likely would have taken a lot more time and money. Especially considering a lot of the crime here is committed by trash from other places fast arrests have helped greatly. Hell, everybody has a damn doorbell camera now anyway that watches you drive down the road.

The cameras only help if the police are willing to put forth the effort to find and convict the criminals. My son's truck was damaged in a hit and run in July on Devine Street. Fortunately he was okay. Two thugs in a stolen car ran multiple traffic lights and hit him at high speed. Both kids (thugs) bailed on foot. Cops on the scene and that we talked to after acted like it was no big deal - this kind of thing happens all the time and like it was not worth the effort to try to find and prosecute.

My wife did the work to send a FOIA request to get traffic cam footage from the nearby cameras. We spend several hours going through footage from multiple cams and got pretty good images from the camera at Kilbourne and Shady Lane. She sent everything to the investigator and we've heard nothing from the victim's advocate, so I'm guessing we never will. This was an image I snapped of the computer screen with my phone - someone with technical equipment/ability could have certainly gotten really good images and found him.
    Thug from Ds wreck.jpg

I think they can tap into those doorbell cams too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    The cameras only help if the police are willing to put forth the effort to find and convict the criminals. My son's truck was damaged in a hit and run in July on Devine Street. Fortunately he was okay. Two thugs in a stolen car ran multiple traffic lights and hit him at high speed. Both kids (thugs) bailed on foot. Cops on the scene and that we talked to after acted like it was no big deal - this kind of thing happens all the time and like it was not worth the effort to try to find and prosecute.

My wife did the work to send a FOIA request to get traffic cam footage from the nearby cameras. We spend several hours going through footage from multiple cams and got pretty good images from the camera at Kilbourne and Shady Lane. She sent everything to the investigator and we've heard nothing from the victim's advocate, so I'm guessing we never will. This was an image I snapped of the computer screen with my phone - someone with technical equipment/ability could have certainly gotten really good images and found him.
    Thug from Ds wreck.jpg
    Wont do anything with them even if they do catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What the hell is the pole full of cameras at 174 X Jungle Road?
    If I had to guess, I would say the town is looking for non-permitted or improperly parked golf carts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say the town is looking for non-permitted or improperly parked golf carts.
    Looking for revenue most likely.