Thread: First time fly fishing today...

Caught 2 nice rainbows and fat brown. Fished the chattoga. Very cool, will be doing more....

Don't know what section you were on Tater, but my BIL and I went up there a few years ago and caught a couple of em. It is pur-ty up there. I caught a smallmouth on a rooster tail - first and only one I ever caught.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

nothing like camping at the East Fork... we like going up to Shining Rock and working our way back.

We were at burrell's ford.

We fished the stretch just below where 28 crosses into GA.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

If yall are up are around clemson, there are several great rivers within a short distance. Glad you had a good time tater. Flyfishing is another sport that cannot thrive without some exposure, however, with to much exposure, rivers and streams can be ruined quite quickly, by rubbahedz.

tight lines to you all.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Used to fish the Burrell's Ford area a lot..it was too crowded the last couple of times I went up there. Had to drop back down to the Chauga near the rifle range. Hell's Hole is a good place to go too, rougher wading but worth it. Don't be afraid to follow the feeder creeks that flow into the Chattooga and fish them, they hold fish even though some won't look like it. You may have to belly crawl under the mountain laurel and the wild rhododendron and just drop your fly into a pocket, but the fish will bite. I like using a black ant on the little feeder creeks.

And don't overlook the Eastatoe River over in Pickens County. I think it's a trophy stream now, barbless too probably. You'll have to hike in, used to could get in with a 4x4 but they've gated the roads I've heard. Beautiful river and very rugged.

There's also some old copper mines in there to explore. And you can dig industrial grade garnets out of the side of the big granite boulders along the river with a screw driver. I and my daughter have dug some nice sized ones over the years and I had them polished for her and made into jewelry. They make for good 'remembrance' pieces.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."