Thread: New Mathews

Default New Mathews

https://www.mathewsinc.com/product/phase4-33/

New Mathews just released. I really wanted to see them add a tuning feature, change the grip completely, go away from the 5pc string set, and go to a rotating DL mod system. They did none of those things. The Bow is exactly the same as last year except they introduced a 8 piece limb system. Basically put some rubber between each piece of limb. They claim it reduced vibration 10-15%. I see a massive tuning headache if they don’t get the deflections just right on all 8 limbs. It’s also $100 more than last years bow.

It’s still a dang good bow by all accounts, but I’m not even going to give them a look this year. The elite omnia and bowtech SS34 have lapped Mathews with their adjustability and tuneability.

But I’m sure the marketing team in Sparta will find a way to make a 7 year old cam design seem cool.

Keep your VXRs, boys.

Yea, if I was buying a new bow this year, it’d most likely be the new Elite. That Mathews seems like a hell of a let down.

I don’t get Mathews still chasing “vibration”. I’ve got a Triax as one of my bows, and that thing is dead as dead can be in the hand. And basically has the same cam as this new bow. Get on the “tuning” train boys…
    Last edited by quackaddict; 11-15-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

Looks like I'll put a new string on my VXR and keep on shooting it.

Well, most of the Mathew’s staff guys shoot/hunt with 300 grain arrows. So they don’t want their bows to sound like a high E string on cheap guitar.
    Last edited by JBK; 11-15-2022 at 01:45 PM.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I’m headed over to shoot it today. Doubt I’ll give up my Traverse but who’s to say weather I’ll add to the collection
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    I’m headed over to shoot it today. Doubt I’ll give up my Traverse but who’s to say weather I’ll add to the collection
    I shot it yesterday. It is slightly more vibe free and slightly quieter than the V series. But those are 2 issues Mathews didn’t need to address. Still no tuning feature, so you’re still swapping top hats. Still a 5pc string set to deal with. Grip is still awful. Still uses mods to change DL. And I’m curious to see how that rubber between the limbs holds up past 2k shots. I’m sure Mathews tested it extensively, but you would think it has to break down at some point.

It’s a good bow. No doubt. But Mathews mailing it in for another year is getting old. A little less money on marketing and a little more on R&D would do them some good, but I’m sure they will dominate the arena again this year.

If your shop carry’s elite shoot it head to head with the onnia. They aren’t compatible. That new bowtech ss34 is bad to the bone too. Hoyt releases this Friday. Curious to see what they have cooking.

Heck still shooting my old Switchback XT