Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airline Approved Hard Rifle Cases

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Ammo has to be in a separate locked case and stowed in your checked baggage.
    Not correct.

Looking at the fee schedule, I can go 50-100 lbs for $100 extra. I'm ok with that. I'll make that up on check baggage coming back.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    Not correct.
    https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/...sives-firearms

We allow small arms ammunition, in quantities not exceeding 11 lbs. (5 kg) per person, as checked-baggage only.
    This part is different depending on destination...

Weapons and ammunition departing from South Africa must be packed in a small box or case. That box or case must be locked and place inside checked baggage. Ammunition cannot be stored in the same case as the weapon.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

What’s wrong with this? Weighing in at 22.6 lbs?

https://www.harborfreight.com/9800-w...ack-64520.html

5 1/8" interior dimension
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by holdin down the fort View Post
    Quit being difficult, it can’t be done

Surely, you have met Big Bro before.....

Hush before I feed you to the bears.

You taking 4 guns and 2 pistols.

Buy a two gun rifle case and I'll let you borrow my skb shotgun case
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I have a two gun rifle case that's heavy AF. I am looking for ONE case I can fit two rifles and two shotguns and "maybe" two pistols.

Intent being, I can pack a rifle case up to 100lbs and still have it as one piece of luggage. My limiter is the number of check bags I can bring...so I can double up on the meat to bring home (check bags no FEDEX).

To argue TSA regulations regarding ammo is useless. What the rule says is irrelevant, as you are going to comply with whatever that individual agent or agents want you to do at the time. I’ve had them tell me it had to be carried every which way but in my anal cavity, and I’m sure that’s coming at some point. In a box, out of the box, partial box, in the gun case, definitely NOT in the gun case, whatever you can imagine. I used to try to tell them the rules, but that pissed them off. Now I just put them where they tell me too. And, chokes are gun parts that must be in the gun case. I have that T—shirt as well.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I have a two gun rifle case that's heavy AF. I am looking for ONE case I can fit two rifles and two shotguns and "maybe" two pistols.

Intent being, I can pack a rifle case up to 100lbs and still have it as one piece of luggage. My limiter is the number of check bags I can bring...so I can double up on the meat to bring home (check bags no FEDEX).
    If you don’t take the pistols, this is doable, maybe
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Fly the rifles and ship your shotguns out ahead of time. One pistol is all you need, just give it to the fastest runner in the group. The rest of yall are screwed anyways.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Pack that meat in dry ice and ship it fedex and it will beat you home.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    To argue TSA regulations regarding ammo is useless. What the rule says is irrelevant, as you are going to comply with whatever that individual agent or agents want you to do at the time. I’ve had them tell me it had to be carried every which way but in my anal cavity, and I’m sure that’s coming at some point. In a box, out of the box, partial box, in the gun case, definitely NOT in the gun case, whatever you can imagine. I used to try to tell them the rules, but that pissed them off. Now I just put them where they tell me too. And, chokes are gun parts that must be in the gun case. I have that T—shirt as well.
    Fair point. Every time I travel with a gun it’s a slightly different experience even at the same airport. That said, my ammo has always been in the case with the gun. All that said I’ve never travelled internationally with a gun so maybe that’s different

Accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Pack that meat in dry ice and ship it fedex and it will beat you home.
    That's too easy and makes too much sense to the cheap skate. You know he's never been one to take the easy route.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 11-14-2022 at 06:34 PM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Dude yeah I flew with a choke in my work bag from Charlotte to Burlington VT, they caught it when I was flying out of Boston. I don’t know how I made it out of there alive. Swarmed, detained, interrogated because they thought it was a flash suppressor. I had no idea it was in there.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Figure 8lbs for the rifle. 8lbs for the shotgun. Handgun...dunno yet. 44 mag revolver or 10mm auto x2. I havent put a scale on them yet so I'm hunting the lightest case with the most capacity plus the most strength.

Curious about hard cases for golf clubs too.
    I will check when i get home the make and model of my case. I have a larger wheeled case, that ive traveled with a ruger american, a400, glock 20, and glock 19 all packed inside, with additional space to spare.

You pack your ammo in your gun case or leave a choke in your pocket going in or out of Canada and you’ll find yourself in the middle of a shit storm for sure. Why would an airline want you to pack ammo with the damn gun? When they make you open it for the red tag verifying it’s unloaded you could simply pick up ammo and go to town if you were a bad guy ready to die? Hell last time I flew home fro pm Canada when I got my gun case i had to claim separately not on the carousel and show ID to get it. They had put a zip tie as big as your thumb around the entire closed locked gun case and to,d me I couldn’t take it off in the airport. No way I’d put ammo in the gun case. But I don’t think you make your weight regardless with 4 long guns.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Myself and three others flew recently on American with guns and ammon in the same case. Each airline has a different policy.