Thread: 11/12 Youth day success

Default 11/12 Youth day success

Friend of mine and his oldest, as well as his sons friend, and my oldest joined forces this morning to test the waters of the youth day. I am reluctant to post pics of other peoples kid but have no issues showing mine off. Great time had by all, and while it wasn’t ideal, they did their part in burning some hulls and scratching a handful out. Shooting, Smiles and then Waffle House.

AB0BCA67-D2AB-421C-BDAD-6AD941D0A3EB.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Shitty gun handling

Congratulations to the youth hunters, and thanks to the dad's for taking them.

Looks like a fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Shitty gun handling
    So to expand on this comment, his hand is below the end of the barrel, of an unloaded gun that’s being held upright. I’m very fortunate and realize that some don’t get to see their kids grow up and enjoy the outdoors the way we do or have. Many kids don’t get the exposure to the outdoor lifestyle like I inherited and I thank God I am able to provide him with some. Throwing negative comments out the gate like that is a testament to your bitterness. Carry on though, these kids had a safe and fun hunt.
    Last edited by beanhunter; 11-12-2022 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    Shitty gun handling

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    So to expand on this comment, his hand is below the end of the barrel, of an unloaded gun that’s being held upright. I’m very fortunate and realize that some don’t get to see their kids grow up and enjoy the outdoors the way we do or have. Many kids don’t get the exposure to the outdoor lifestyle like I inherited and I thank God I am able to provide him with some. Throwing negative comments out the gate like that is a testament to your bitterness. Carry on though, these kids had a safe and fun hunt.
    It’s easy to see both sides of this. The bolt is closed and although the chamber may be empty it’s a guess. I shoot a benelli and am guilty of this all the time and have made a point to turn a shell sideways to show its empty without emptying the magazine. Nice killin though, looks like a great hunt.

The very damn first post of SC birds killed and post #2 is slamming them. Wonder why more pics aren’t posted…..

Good killing and better job of taking kids.

Congrats to the lad and the proud dad.

I saw a buddy's kid hit some public water and managed a nice strap including gadwall, wigeon, ringnecks and woodies. It was quite impressive.

Goes to show, some birds are here.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-13-2022 at 12:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Well, since someone else started it, great pic but the closed bolt made my eye twitch too.

When I was a kid, a friend of mine emptied his Franchi while holding it like that. He set it down a bit too hard and it went off and then jumped up and down and reloaded and kept doing it until the last shell fired. I never saw him hold a gun like that again. Me either. That close call is probably what made me notice the closed bolt...that and the incessant safety lectures at my clays club.

I teach kids that it's never impolite to call out gun safety breaches even when they get to call out an adult. They take it as a challenge and it makes them more involved in thinking about safety and preaching it. I don't think it hurts in the long run for SCDuckers to be safety Nazis. I would have chosen more polite words than "shitty gun handling" though.

Where was it cool enough to wear that much clothes? I sweated my ass off Saturday. We went straight from summer to winter today though.

Congratulations on the great memories!

Congrats to the youths!

Quote Originally Posted by Whackumstackum View Post
    It’s easy to see both sides of this. The bolt is closed and although the chamber may be empty it’s a guess. I shoot a benelli and am guilty of this all the time and have made a point to turn a shell sideways to show its empty without emptying the magazine. Nice killin though, looks like a great hunt.
    Exactly. Closed bolt on that auto loader with barrel where it is ain’t a great idea…folks get excited on a duck hunt and there is a lot usually going on, so I get the first comment.

Now, the point and purpose of that comment coulda been delivered in a loving and caring manner that matched the reason the comment was made…Smilee cares about the safety of those in the picture and those who might see the picture and do something similar in the future…but this ain’t a safe space, and most folks in here simply get straight to the point. Most folks on here have thick enough skin to handle it.

I appreciate the “call out,” as I’m sure I can go back and find a hero pic of me being not-perfectly-safe with a shotgun…maybe not, but none of us are above being reminded/called out for something potentially disastrous, as we all have the potential and ability to fugg up.

That said, it’s good to see some SC wild duck killing, especially by young hunters.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Good killin!!
    Last edited by coachhendo; 11-17-2022 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Simplified my post