Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackson WY

I am working at the Orvis shop in Jackson WY this summer. I just talked to some guys from columbia. Is anybody else coming out here to fish this summer? BullSprig?

That trip is going to have to wait another year

Get me a place to fish and I will be there!

This weekend?? Next?

Will try to get some fishing in if I tag out early on deer in September. Will fish the N.Platte River Grey Reef area. This is a fish I snapped a pic of before I released it for Dad on our last hunting trip there in 2000. I tagged out with one day left so only got to fish one day. If heaven ain't a lot like Wyoming, I don't want to go.

"hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

baitchunker

I didn't realise you were such a purist, dookie. To me, it's a gorgeous fish whether caught on a nymph or a panther martin.

Good stuff, Stripa.

Mepps don't work????? We had rainbows last night.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I've always been a big fan of the smaller sized, coon-tailed aglia. Count me solidly in the rooster tail camp (for redbreast), though. Cut one of the trebles off and put a cricket on for good measure...

What's your point, Numbnuts? I've caught more species of fish on a fly than you've caught period. That might get me a cookie if I'm lucky. If you want to measure peckers, pick your poison.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Damn Kneedeep...this cat just called you out.

That pic deserved a fly........

I am a Fly Fisherman, and I think anyone can toss a inline spinner. Kinda seperates the men from the boys, and I really don't care how many fish you caught on a fly.......and a pecker measruing contest would make you look foolish.

Originally posted by Kneedeepndookie:

I am a Fly Fisherman, and I think anyone can toss a inline spinner. Kinda seperates the men from the boys.
    Manliest thing I've ever heard there stud. Guess my five year old daughter is ready to play for the Packers since she's been wearing out the bream with my 4 wt and a popper. Seriously, flyfishing is fun but it ain't too hard once you get over the initial casting hump. Anybody can do that if they choose to. Kinda like anybody can kill ducks if they choose to put in the time and effort to get where the ducks want to be. Guess you are a "Duck Hunter" come November too, ha? JBHIII, sorry to hijack the thread. I guess you spend most of your time on the Snake? I have a buddy that worked out of your shop for about 5 years. I'd like to sight fish the creeks in the meadows for big browns with hoppers someday. I hear it's real good in Aug/Sep.

Rubberhead

I'd rather sit at the Log Cabin and drink fat tires than have somebody make fun of my roostertail...that's crossing the line there...

I have to disagree, with TROUT, presentation is 95% of it(nymph or dry), and not just anyone can lay that fly in just the right spot for a hook up. I have introduced plenty of people to the sport who can cast and still come up empty handed at the end of the day.

well i have to disagree again, i cant flyfish worth a damn but out west i had no prob catching trout. cutthroat and brown trout. those browns are fun to catch man...
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Stripa I will be back at school middle of august. I should be here next fall though. I haven't fished he N Platte, but I have heard it is awesome. Knee Deep there is plenty of public fishing out here. Finding a place isn't the hard part it is picking one over the other.

Originally posted by Ghetto:
    I'd rather sit at the Log Cabin and drink fat tires than have somebody make fun of my roostertail...that's crossing the line there...
    [img]graemlins/iagree.gif[/img] trashing a roster tail is fucked up. I have caught trout with flies, rooster tails, and Power Bait. It just plain kicks ass to catch em and I hold more respect for a large trout on a fly but whatever is cool.

The only good size trout I ever caught, TN
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Hey Camo, isn't that Kenny?

That is a young Travis France and we was on the Watauga river.
    Aint nuthin' wrong wit killin' army possums! Or shockin' Catfish!

I meant the guide. That's Kenny Palmer. We used to fish together way back. He put me on the best speck stream I ever fished...