Thread: Teenage Driver and Dash Cams

Default Teenage Driver and Dash Cams

My oldest is about to start driving on his own. I want to install a dash cam. The options are over overwhelming. What are you using?
    When I had a fleet of trucks, I had GSP trackers in them. So I have that part covered. Although a unit that did both would be nice as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I have had a Rexing in my truck for several years. Not sure what model number but it came from Best Buy. It has the GPS unit on it. It takes good video, has audio capability and GPS location/speed etc. I hard wired it in and it comes on when I turn on the key.

Man im glad this crap wasn’t around when i started driving. My parents would have killed me if they knew half the places that vehicle had been. With that being said im about 5 years out from my oldest being able to drive so im interested.

Had a buddy buy his son a sports car for "good grades" and being "very responsible". (Chapin kid) A Nissan something or other. Put a tracking device on it to monitor his speed. 117 mph on I-20 about gave my buddy cardiac arrest. LOL

Dash cams are a good idea for recording liability in case of an accident. Tracking devices monitor driving speed and location.
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 11-06-2022 at 09:24 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

If you can do without the camera just get Life360. Has GPS with speed monitoring. You'll get a report about once a week explaining their driving habits... hard breaking, fast starts etc. No need for the camera imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    If you can do without the camera just get Life360. Has GPS with speed monitoring. You'll get a report about once a week explaining their driving habits... hard breaking, fast starts etc. No need for the camera imo.
    Yep already have 360. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.