Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleep number smart beds

Default Sleep number smart beds

Any first hand review of these beds? Pricey for sure. Any thoughts?

I will only buy my mattresses from Jay. His are the best and he's a sponsor here.

If you can't get an Engineered Sleep mattress made here in South Carolina and the finest mattress made on this planet as far as many of us have learned, you might look at the advertising dollar brands...

https://engineeredsleep.com/

My neighbor bought one about 10 months ago and he never misses an opportunity to bitch about it! His wife’s idea

Engineered Sleep like stated above

We went and looked at em’. They lost me quickly when they started talking about warranty on the air pump and all that.

I asked the lady if it was just a fancy air mattress and in summary her answer was yes.

Buy an Engineered Sleep and adjustable base. Save thousands and enjoy sleeping.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

May have to make the drive to check them out. I have had little luck with normal mattresses so I will give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    May have to make the drive to check them out. I have had little luck with normal mattresses so I will give them a call.
    Even easier, go find a mattress you like at one of those overpriced stores, get the brand and model with the features you like. Call Jay and order it. Stand by the front door and wait for it to be delivered.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Even easier, go find a mattress you like at one of those overpriced stores, get the brand and model with the features you like. Call Jay and order it. Stand by the front door and wait for it to be delivered.
    Nothing easier. In a world of shit customer service, there stands Jay...

Sleep number does as good a job as they can for an air mattress but it’s still air. My dad actually invented the technology in 1981 and sold his company to sleep number. You will have problems with the air pump at some point down the road.

My sleep number is 69
    What!!

Not to hijack, but I've been struggling with bad mattresses for years. No matter how much we spend never seems to be right. I'm intrigued about all these good reviews for Jay but also a bit wary. Anyone familiar with BNI? Business networking group and no matter how shitty the person or the business is, because it's in their local group, the other members will recommend it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

So are these recos for Engineered Sleep mattresses because they are great, or because he's a member and sponsor? If the former, I want to check them out as well.
    Last edited by everlast; 11-05-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Not to hijack, but I've been struggling with bad mattresses for years. No matter how much we spend never seems to be right. I'm intrigued about all these good reviews for Jay but also a bit wary. Anyone familiar with BNI? Business networking group and no matter how shitty the person or the business is, because it's in their local group, the other members will recommend it like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

So are these recos for Engineered Sleep mattresses because they are great, or because he's a member and sponsor? If the former, I want to check them out as well.
    I am probably the last SCDUCKER that you want to hear from. This site is 95% online because of our Members. The 5% Sponsors keep it afloat. We have Sponsors and we have dickbags who pretend.

Do your homework...

We had a sleep number for about 12 years or so, I had no issues with it. My sleep number was 99 but we also had a thick topper on it. The pump did have an issue after 8 years or so, and they prorated it for us. For some reason the wife stopped liking it and we have moved on.

Everlast, I have no complaints on my mattress from Jay. I will buy another one from him when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I am probably the last SCDUCKER that you want to hear from. This site is 95% online because of our Members. The 5% Sponsors keep it afloat. We have Sponsors and we have dickbags who pretend.

Do your homework...
    Understood and I'm with you. So what I'm asking if these recommendations are a "hey this guy is a sponsor. All things being equal, please consider giving him your business" which Is legit and I would also give preference to a sponsor here that offers the same services as someone else. Ooorr, is this a case of a truly superior product that some people here have experienced and can give a review on. I'd love to hear from people who have tried them if the latter is the case. I have shoulders of a 90 year old man thanks to shitty mattresses and being a side sleeper
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Everlast, I have no complaints on my mattress from Jay. I will buy another one from him when the time is right.
    Thanks for that. Im going to check him out as well.
    -Samuel Adams

I'm a side sleeper as well. Jay can take care of you.

I’ve bought others…then I bought from Jay. I’ll never have to make another mattress decision again.