Thread: Dual "One Man Boat" Trailer build ideas

Default Dual "One Man Boat" Trailer build ideas

I currently have two One Man Boats, a Caiman and a Warrior. I only have 1 trailer that the Warrior is currently sitting on and the Caiman is hanging from my shop ceiling. I would like to build or modify my current trailer that the Warrior is sitting on to hold both boats. My first thought was to modify my current trailer to a double stack, where one boat sits on top of the other. This would take up less floor space when stored, however could be harder to load and unload boats especially if you are alone. The other options would be a wider trailer where the boats sit side by side. Easier to launch one or both boats but takes up more floor space. The trailer that I have now is painted steel so welding will not be a problem. What does the brain trust say, thoughts, opinions, first hand advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

i saw one once that was double stack. unload bottom one then pull pin and the top folded back toward water to unload top one. There was a video somewhere on it, i'll see if i can find it
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Could you not just find one of those dual jet ski trailers and roll with that?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    Could you not just find one of those dual jet ski trailers and roll with that?
    I could if it came to that. Was just hoping to use the trailer that I already have. leaning towards the double stack trailer just so I can simply modify the trailer I have. Was just seeing if someone had already done that and liked it or really hated it.
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

Dont try to reinvent the wheel. Double jetski trailer is what you need. Can find them pretty easy on marketplace.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Can get a rack to mount on your existing trailer similar to what small sailboats use.

I would think if you needed the top boat you would have two people... keep your preferred boat on bottom. Use what you got.
    Life's a garden, Dig it.

If you need to unload two probably not by yourself.

I'll go anytime.

Good luck.

ETA:^^^^^ that guy said it first.
    Last edited by scdiver; 11-02-2022 at 04:04 PM.

I’ve seen them with two posts in the middle and you hang one on either side. Kind of like the big canoe trailers you see in the mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

I built a double stack for big fishing kayaks ... Works great, but it's a two man show to use the top one.

Plenty of ideas on double stacking marsh boats and using a winch to drop and lower top boat too. Most do this if boats are too wide to fit through backyard gate or take up too much room side x side in a garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cajunwannabe; 11-02-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by CUducks648 View Post
    I would think if you needed the top boat you would have two people... keep your preferred boat on bottom. Use what you got.
    This is what I’m thinking. Kind like the pictures Cajun posted.

I have two warriors and i built a stack trailer just like the first picture, it works well.

There is an aluminum one on CL right now in sumter for sale. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Figured I’d update this thread. Took a couple weeks but I finished modifying the single trailer that I had into a double stack. I hate painting so we’ll see if I ever get motivated to paint the whole thing to match. Works for now and was a fun build.
    Attachment 79353
    Attachment 79354
    Attachment 79355

Not sure why the pictures aren’t showing FEE4B8F0-BF86-4819-A3ED-0006DD4D1B86.jpg
    Last edited by CUduckreeper; 11-24-2022 at 09:46 PM.