Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don’t hunt the border line.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    "Give me $300 bucks and I'll leave" speaks volumes of his intentions and he should be charged for hunter harassment. IMO
    And criminal extortion.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Been in more of that kind of altercations on public water than i can mention. Been shot at, threatened, cussed, harassed, and had the GW called. First of all i am no bad ass but i dont react well to a cussing and yes when i was shot at they did get return fire of enough strength the shooting stopped. Cant do much damage over 100 yards but they still scary. One guy needed new paint job on his van i am certain.

In almost ten years of breaking bread with farmers out there, I’ve never heard a cuss word or a cross word out of the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    In almost ten years of breaking bread with farmers out there, I’ve never heard a cuss word or a cross word out of the lot.
    I agree Fish. Very reserved folks. But there is one in every crowd. In fact most would ask you to leave in you were cussing.

The young men did real well.

The old man, not so much.

Interesting how the "old men" hunting with the kids just tucked up and looked ahead while all that was going down around them...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Interesting how the "old men" hunting with the kids just tucked up and looked ahead while all that was going down around them...
    I agree. I was astonished.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Old men fights are the best fights to watch. That was the perfect opportunity to really get internet famous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

One year we were out there hunting. Set up in a field that had not been posted. Right at shooting light a truck came across the field, farmer jumped out and said we were trespassing. We told him that the field was not posted and he responded that it was now. He put out signs as he drove in. Demanded that we pay or he was calling Dnr. We packed up and left. Later that day we were sitting in the side of the road eating lunch and the feds pulled up. They got out and talked for a bit and we told them what happened, they recommended that next time we pay and find a hole to step in and twist an ankle sue. They took down statement and went to the guys house not sure how that turned out.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Quote Originally Posted by 12341234 View Post
    the feds pulled up. They got out and talked for a bit and we told them what happened, they recommended that next time we pay and find a hole to step in and twist an ankle sue.
    Tha hell? By any chance do you have the identities of "the feds"..???????

Has to be posted for 24 hours before it's legally binding. But I never hunted over night posted fields bc I'm not gonna tell someone I can hunt their land if they don't want me to.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Tha hell? By any chance do you have the identities of "the feds"..???????
    No but it was a blacked out suburban federal wardens. They got out checked all our stuff and hung out and talked. This was 6-7 years ago.
    I don't belive in miracles, I rely on them.

Sounds like a ginger Fed that loves making things interesting….

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-hunting-video

Hunter, landowner charged for incident recorded in viral duck hunting video
    Jeffrey Erman, Bismarck, was charged with trading in special influence, disorderly conduct-obscenity and interfering with rights of hunters and trappers, court records show. Dustin Wolf of West Fargo was charged with criminal trespass

Duck hunting incident.JPG
    This screen shot from a YouTube video shows the encounter that resulted between a landowner and a group of duck hunters during a dispute on Friday, Oct. 21, 2022, in North Dakota's Eddy County.YouTube
    By Brad Dokken
    November 03, 2022 10:00 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...-hunting-video

Hunter, landowner charged for incident recorded in viral duck hunting video
    Jeffrey Erman, Bismarck, was charged with trading in special influence, disorderly conduct-obscenity and interfering with rights of hunters and trappers, court records show. Dustin Wolf of West Fargo was charged with criminal trespass

Duck hunting incident.JPG
    This screen shot from a YouTube video shows the encounter that resulted between a landowner and a group of duck hunters during a dispute on Friday, Oct. 21, 2022, in North Dakota's Eddy County.YouTube
    By Brad Dokken
    November 03, 2022 10:00 AM
    I would lawyer up if I was the kid.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

How are you going to charge the landowner with interfering with rights of hunters if your charging the kid with criminal trespass?

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    How are you going to charge the landowner with interfering with rights of hunters if your charging the kid with criminal trespass?
    They only charged one kid with trespassing. You could make a case that he interfered with the other two kid's hunt.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I've found that hunting is a lot more enjoyable if you put yourself in positions that don't lead to conflict and confrontation, whether it's landowners or other hunters on public.

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I've found that hunting is a lot more enjoyable if you put yourself in positions that don't lead to conflict and confrontation, whether it's landowners or other hunters on public.
    Yep...