Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Don’t hunt the border line.

Default Don’t hunt the border line.

This is long and kinda crazy but interesting.

Here’s the equally long follow up video where they don’t want to get involved in court case against the land owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "The real reason fish jump - they don't have a middle finger!"

Kudos to them for not losing their cool.
    Last edited by wob; 10-31-2022 at 05:26 AM.

Should’ve let the kids hunt,they could be out there doing worser things.

I am picturing the beanfield owner laughing his ass off watching through his field glasses knowing this was going to happen...

I like setting up on transition lines when the scouting supports it.

I loved how during the intros with the Game Warden the landowner tells him that he’s been ticketed by him in the past.

If they are so in the right, why did the game warden not support them?

He was talking about taking measurements and calling his superiors.

The young guys handled it well.

I watched the second video and some of the first.

I'd be curious as to what "marks" the property line in North Dakota. Personally I'd rather someone in that situation hunt right near the line facing away than in the middle partially facing to.

Blades of grass touching his corn. Give me a break..

https://www.themeateater.com/conserv...in-viral-video

those voices were hard to listen to, hard enough I couldn't get through it to figure out who was wrong. I'm not fond of people that hunt a property line and face into others land, if that's even the case.. either way whatever

Guy could have just joined them.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Those boys should of contacted the beanfield landowner to explain the situation. As a landowner, I hate dealing with “tenants”. The only reason those birds were there were bc of the farmers crops. Those boys have no skin in the game. They should of respectively left and given the hunt to the landowner. This is not really about the property line as it is who gets to hunt the birds.

Quote Originally Posted by ricequacker View Post
    Those boys should of contacted the beanfield landowner to explain the situation. As a landowner, I hate dealing with “tenants”. The only reason those birds were there were bc of the farmers crops. Those boys have no skin in the game. They should of respectively left and given the hunt to the landowner. This is not really about the property line as it is who gets to hunt the birds.
    They weren’t hunting the corn farmers land they were hunting a separate landowner who had the bean field?

If you lease land for deer next to a corn field should you not be allowed to hunt your leased land because you are a tenant?

I think People are more willing to come to a compromise when someone doesn’t jump out of the gate cussing and accusing. Plus they do YouTube and knew this would be gold.

If I give a land owner beer to hunt a field he planted, why should I respectively leave? All because the adjoining landowner got pissed off?
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-31-2022 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunterjw View Post
    Plus they do YouTube and knew this would be gold.
    I've seen this video everywhere. They're racking up the clicks.

**editing to add**

I'd wager a lot of the craziness we see in these youtube videos are scripted just to create click revenue.
    Last edited by BigBrother; 10-31-2022 at 10:07 AM.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I've seen this video everywhere. They're racking up the clicks.

**editing to add**

I'd wager a lot of the craziness we see in these youtube videos are scripted just to create click revenue.
    They most defiantly are and some of the really bad obvious ones get lots of clicks. I just got back with my family from 4 days in DC. Saw one or two people walking around with multiple body cams live streaming, I guess. Weird world we live in that some can support their family that way.

B/C there is something called respect that landowner share with each other (or at least that’s how it works in my mind). Those boys are only looking at the situation from a legal perspective. We’re they legal, sure maybe, was it ethical, apparently not…. So at the end of the day, there are two potentially pissed off landowners and those boys ride back home with nothing in the game other than a case of beer.

Assuming this is real and not scripted they handled this much better than I would have at their age. Probably handled it better than I would now for that matter. I'm no badass by any means but that yelling in my face stuff I just can't take. I'm sure the cameras being present probably helped cooler heads prevail.

B/C there is something called respect that landowner share with each other (or at least that’s how it works in my mind). Those boys are only looking at the situation from a legal perspective. We’re they legal, sure maybe, was it ethical, apparently not…. So at the end of the day, there are two potentially pissed off landowners and those boys ride back home with nothing in the game other than a case of beer.
    That dude was an asshole from the get go. He could have acted a whole lot better and most likely would have gotten a better response. You come in all guns blazing you shouldn't get a favorable response. You act like an asshole I'm gonna treat you like one.