Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don’t hunt the border line.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Assuming this is real and not scripted they handled this much better than I would have at their age. Probably handled it better than I would now for that matter. I'm no badass by any means but that yelling in my face stuff I just can't take. I'm sure the cameras being present probably helped cooler heads prevail.
    I would assume this one is real because it is being investigated and their are news articles released on it.

That dude was an asshole from the get go. He could have acted a whole lot better and most likely would have gotten a better response. You come in all guns blazing you shouldn't get a favorable response. You act like an asshole I'm gonna treat you like one.
    ^^^^^This

1. The guy watched the birds and the scouters the day before and knew what was getting ready to happen. He should have driven around and talked with them. He saying they should have come and talked with him is just throwing bs out there.

He should have come early with his grandson if he was going to hunt. He just didn't want them to hunt. He didn't want to hunt together.

He also admitted that the birds were landing in the beans and the corn.

If they weren't suppose to hunt the line, then he shouldn't have either.

As far as making viral videos for YouTube,...they are from ND and don't farm. What else can they do for money. Viral videos pay good.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-31-2022 at 11:35 AM.

We’ll said Bunn.

Ole boy was simply pissed that they were hunting there and he wasn’t so he was reaching for anything he could.

25 years ago people got their noses broken for acting like that.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

I side with the kids. The old guy sucks. If you agree with the old guy you suck too.

They also said in the video they tried to get in touch with him and went to his house a couple of times and he wasn’t available. He says they should have tried harder. They even went a step further and spoke with the party hunting with him and knew where they were and worked around his hunt. Evidently this guy causes trouble regularly. The young guys were very respectful given the situation and effort they put in for that hunt.
    For the ducks

That dude was an asshole from the get go. He could have acted a whole lot better and most likely would have gotten a better response. You come in all guns blazing you shouldn't get a favorable response. You act like an asshole I'm gonna treat you like one.
    There is just one mad land owner, the asshole. The asshole is mad because his adjoiner gave some kids permission for a case of beer and it ruined his hunt. You think that’s right? It’s not ok for the adjoiner to tell someone else they can hunt for what ever reason he sees fit? Game warden didn’t do anything because he himself doesn’t exactly know where the line is and a row of crops is not a boundary marker. I fail to see anyone at fault here other than the asshole. What am I missing that you are seeing?
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-31-2022 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darealdeal View Post
    Guy could have just joined them.
    I don’t like hunting with people I don’t know.

That old guy is a DICK assuming this is real. He wouldn’t have been any happier if they were 10 yards or 200 out in that bean field away from his corn. And other property owner told him they would be there. He could have been there when kids got there and handled entirely differently. I bet if he weren’t a dick, his neighbor would be letting him hunt there instead of some strangers. We had an old farmer in Canada come flying in on 2 wheels Tokyo drifting his 76 Ford F 100 one time when we were shooting water from his side, unknowingly. Our fault on reading map wrong. We had permission from one side but not his. He was literally jumping up and down but not cussing quite as bad. Saying we didn’t have permission and should have asked. He was right. I explained we agreed and realized it was our fault after talking with him. But since we’re all here now would it be okay if we finished our limit. He said that would be fine we shook hands and he started smiling and drove off. Dangdest thing ever. He was hot like that but his entire demeanor changed after cussing us out once I asked if we could hunt there.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

old man lost me at "I was going to hunt here" Well get your ass out of bed old man. Then, "give me $300 and I'll leave you alone" I quit watching at that point.

surprised no boat paddles were involved.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

We have run into versions of this guy when we were in the right AND when we thought we were in the right but weren't due to faulty intel.

TBH,

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Then, "give me $300 and I'll leave you alone" I quit watching at that point.

surprised no boat paddles were involved.
    You could hear the excitement in the warden’s voice when they told him they had that on video.

The old guy could of handled himself much better and approached the situation differently. didn’t do himself any favors with the popularity contest.

Multiple folks have reached out to the kids about this guy. He's done the same stuff to a bunch of folks.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

He acts that way with boys..

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    We have run into versions of this guy when we were in the right AND when we thought we were in the right but weren't due to faulty intel.

TBH,

Rest in power, coolio.

The Dakota farmers wives say F**k more than sailors. They are a proud bunch of people. They will give you a tongue lashing but generally clean right up after an apology and a few moments.

Their law requires posting on all corners every half mile. That means if one is missing you can hunt it. But be prepared for a tongue lashing. Ask me how I know.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    There is just one mad land owner, the asshole. The asshole is mad because his adjoiner gave some kids permission for a case of beer and it ruined his hunt. You think that’s right? It’s not ok for the adjoiner to tell someone else they can hunt for what ever reason he sees fit? Game warden didn’t do anything because he himself doesn’t exactly know where the line is and a row of crops is not a boundary marker. I fail to see anyone at fault here other than the asshole. What am I missing that you are seeing?
    Well I guess what I see is the old dude rolled up and was an absolute dick. As others have stated he could have gotten out of bed earlier, he could have not avoided them the day before, he could simply said let's talk about this. In my opinion he deserved to tote an ass whooping. If you don't see that then I can't help you.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BCR3; 10-31-2022 at 02:12 PM.

You and I see it the same way. I meant to quote ricequacker and quoted you instead. My apologies long day on little sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    You and I see it the same way. I meant to quote ricequacker and quoted you instead. My apologies long day on little sleep.
    HaHa no worries. I understand

I half anticipated a sequel to the Reelfoot Lake murder last year.

I don't care who you are, if you roll up on me like that old man did while I'm hunting, I will be in the present arms position. That dude was a nut job.

Old man knew the kids were scouting the day before, he saw them, admitted to it and should have drove his unhappy self around the field to discuss strategy with the kids. "Give me $300 bucks and I'll leave" speaks volumes of his intentions and he should be charged for hunter harassment. IMO
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill