Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 42.9

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    Congrats.

Barkley bound?
    Ain't no way. My friend who does the 100+ mile stuff got selected but had to defer. Even he says that race is nearly impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drylok View Post
    Absolutely amazing!

Hard for me to comprehend the training you must go through to compete like you do.
    Thanks again to to all. My training isn't that impressive compared to some runners. If I'm training for a longer event like this I'm trying to run 60-70 miles per week. That's like an hour a day and a 2-3 hour long run on the weekend. I'll jump on the gravel or mountain bike if something is hurting or injured. I also have an elliptical that the wife bought that comes in handy when it's storming out or I need a break from the road.

Quote Originally Posted by swamp fox View Post
    Thanks again to to all. My training isn't that impressive compared to some runners. If I'm training for a longer event like this I'm trying to run 60-70 miles per week. That's like an hour a day and a 2-3 hour long run on the weekend. I'll jump on the gravel or mountain bike if something is hurting or injured. I also have an elliptical that the wife bought that comes in handy when it's storming out or I need a break from the road.
    May I ask you "Why"? An amazing accomplishment, but have always wondered the why behind doing ultra style races or runs at all.

Great job! Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    May I ask you "Why"? An amazing accomplishment, but have always wondered the why behind doing ultra style races or runs at all.
    Masochism.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Yeah, screw that, I'd need my Gator to go that far. Congrats tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by bbhntr48 View Post
    Well I started running in my late 30s just to do some cardio and stay in shape. I met a guy thet was a runner and he said I should do a 5k. Ended up getting 2nd place in my first race. Ever since then I've been kind of addicted to the training and competing. I've always been small and never really good at anything so it's nice to find something I'm halfway decent at.

Well I started running in my late 30s just to do some cardio and stay in shape. I met a guy thet was a runner and he said I should do a 5k. Ended up getting 2nd place in my first race. Ever since then I've been kind of addicted to the training and competing. I've always been small and never really good at anything so it's nice to find something I'm halfway decent at.
    Sounds like you more than "halfway decent".. Well done. Look forward to more in the future

Ain't no way. My friend who does the 100+ mile stuff got selected but had to defer. Even he says that race is nearly impossible.
    I see John Kelly is back in East Tennessee. He was at Frozen Head the other day and posted a few photos. Be interesting to see if he tries again. When I lived in Oak Ridge, I bought his parents house when they moved back to the farm. John used to train running up and down the hill behind my house. I walked down to the bottom a couple times putting out trail cameras and there ain't no way I would run up those for fun.