Thread: Any inshore reports for Charleston area

Default Any inshore reports for Charleston area

Wife and headed to IOP Saturday for extended weekend

Just she and I for some inshore stuff Sun & Mon around IOP

I assume trout bite is pretty good right now

TIA for any help

My youngest son lives in Mt Pleasant and is catching reds, trout, flounder, deep holing shrimp and shooting marsh hens right now. He's ate up with it.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

This is a damn good time to be on the water from an inshore perspective.

Trout have been good, high water outflows and points, low water deeper (larger) creek pockets

What specifically would you like to know?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    This is a damn good time to be on the water from an inshore perspective.

Trout have been good, high water outflows and points, low water deeper (larger) creek pockets

What specifically would you like to know?

Thanks

If you can just point in direction of what baits (I have everything ). I assume oyster beds and creeks ?

Only have 2 days to fish and really not much time to scout around. Wife is fairly good with spinning gear , love to run to rocks for bull reds but she had rather fish in waterway and creeks instead

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Thanks

If you can just point in direction of what baits (I have everything ). I assume oyster beds and creeks ?

Only have 2 days to fish and really not much time to scout around. Wife is fairly good with spinning gear , love to run to rocks for bull reds but she had rather fish in waterway and creeks instead
    Right now I am fishing 3” paddle tails on 1/8 or 3/16 almost exclusively on my spinning trips. Ned rig slim swimz can be killer too if you get into trout.

I’m sure shrimp/minnows will work fine too.

You can power fish those jigs along shorelines and find fish then slow down and work them good.
    Look for creeks with oyster, no oyster don’t waste your time.

Don’t know anything about the jetties, I dont fish that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernWake View Post
    Right now I am fishing 3” paddle tails on 1/8 or 3/16 almost exclusively on my spinning trips. Ned rig slim swimz can be killer too if you get into trout.

I’m sure shrimp/minnows will work fine too.

You can power fish those jigs along shorelines and find fish then slow down and work them good.
    Look for creeks with oyster, no oyster don’t waste your time.

Don’t know anything about the jetties, I dont fish that stuff.

Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

Tried an area I typically don't fish due to the wind last weekend. It was Gen Z Howler Bros Xplorer Boats fest with some redfish tournament going on. I have never seen so many lumberjack looking fuckers on boats wearing their little neoprene booties. Thank God I wasn't armed and marsh hen hunting.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    Tried an area I typically don't fish due to the wind last weekend. It was Gen Z Howler Bros Xplorer Boats fest with some redfish tournament going on. I have never seen so many lumberjack looking fuckers on boats wearing their little neoprene booties. Thank God I wasn't armed and marsh hen hunting.
    Charleston Fly Tournament

ZMan dark and stormy was the hot trout color weekend before last. Had to share them with my partners I was outfishing them so bad.
    DILLIGAF

I can almost smell the sour beer and clove cigarettes.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Charleston Fly Tournament

We even got country clubbed if you can imagine that. This dickhead rudely cut us off at the mouth of a small pocket flat at C*$$! @ Kunt. We exchanged some words and Mr. Flat Brim questioned whether we were members at C*$$! and therefore entitled enough to access the flat "legally".
    Last edited by Hogg; 10-31-2022 at 10:27 AM.
    DILLIGAF

We even got country clubbed if you can imagine that. This dickhead rudely cut us off at the mouth of a small pocket flat at C*$$! @ Kiawah. We exchanged some words and Mr. Flat Brim questioned whether we were members at C*$$! and therefore entitled enough to access the flat "legally".
    I’d edit that down a bit more unless you want more people back there. Thanks to YouTube etc a lot of people think it’s some golden zone but in reality it’s been beat to hell the last few years.

That spot has been busted for years!

people are weird
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Fish seem to like some variation of pink colors this year more than others for us. Trout and reds.

I do have a decent stock of Mirror Lures.

Wife likes to cast instead of fish cut bait , me I am itching to go to the rocks for bull reds but I end of day I enjoy her catching fish.

ZMan dark and stormy was the hot trout color weekend before last. Had to share them with my partners I was outfishing them so bad.
    Thanks

I will run by Sams Curb market Friday and pick up some big ole mullets for cut bait for just in case I can get her to the Jetty’s
    Last edited by tprice; 10-31-2022 at 06:19 PM.