Thread: ISO someone to work a Mud Motor Prop

Default ISO someone to work a Mud Motor Prop

Who can work a big blade locally? I need one worked but don’t have time to send it to baggy.

Saying locally but not having a location listed in the post might present an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    I dont know how it was done. For all I know that weird bastard that determined it's gender licked it.

If Columbia is local then you may want to try the prop shop on N. Lucas St. in West Columbia.

Buy a spare now and don’t worry about turn around going forward.

Skip's III in North Charleston does great work.
    Not sure if they work on MM props.

I've sent a couple props to Baggy's Propeller in Houma, LA. He always does awesome work, fair priced and usually quick turnaround too. Tell him what kind of rig your running, what your looking for out of the new worked prop and he will get it right!
    "run and gun guide service"

Quote Originally Posted by dox08 View Post
    I've sent a couple props to Baggy's Propeller in Houma, LA. He always does awesome work, fair priced and usually quick turnaround too. Tell him what kind of rig your running, what your looking for out of the new worked prop and he will get it right!
    This^ and buy a spare to run while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    If Columbia is local then you may want to try the prop shop on N. Lucas St. in West Columbia.
    I can’t vouch for mud motors, but I’ve had them work several outboard props, and they always did jam up work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Sorry y’all, local as in Charleston….

Skips in N Chas or check with Brooks and see if they can do anything with it out @ Oswald.

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    Skips in N Chas or check with Brooks and see if they can do anything with it out @ Oswald.
    I’ve been in the back of Mike’s shop at Skips and I’d be shocked if he couldn’t do it after watching him work.

US Propeller Service in Troutman, NC has done several boat props for me, Fast, quality and fair price. Don’t know about mud motors but a prop is a prop so I am sure they can do it.

I never found one locally that would mess with them.

As others have said, Baggy or Chris Courville. They've both done work for me and both of them brought the props back to life.

If there is anyone in SC that says they can rework a mud motor wheel they're lying. Baggy is the only one I'd use now if I still ran mud motor. #PirogueLife

Glen Hopkins was THE man but he passed a few years back. He was a straight shooter, albeit long winded on the phone but always looked out for me. Rolled through his place at 2 a.m. once on a short notice job and he stashed a reworked wheel for me on my way to camp. Shame there aren't more folks like he and Baggy.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill