Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Binocular

Cheap - Steiner Predators

Mid-grade - Meopta Meostar

High End - Leica Geovid or Swaro EL.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I love my Swaro's. The only problem is you can't tell just how good the high end glass is unless you have the cheap and mid-grade there to compare. In other words you don't know what you're missing until you see it with your own eyes. You're more than welcome to look through mine anytime if you're up around Clinton House or Spartanburg.

It would be hard to beat Leupold's customer service. Lifetime warranty. I have 2 pair of their binocs and two scopes. One pair is over 50 years old.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 10-28-2022 at 07:17 AM.

Going out west, putting them on a tripod, or huge field hunting all the time might would warrant a nicer pair, but Vortex Diamondback 10x50 have treated me well. I counted the points on a buck 950 yards away across the lake with them. My scope limits me 10 minutes before the binoculars do in the afternoon.

It is truly hard to beat the quality and value of glass that Meopta brings to the table. The MeoStar is their top of the line glass and quite impressive. Low light visibility is where they truly shine and where most of us need them to perform. I use a MeoStar 8x32 for treestands and traveling. Light enough to wear all day and they fit into a large jacket pocket. They are not cheap but quality never is, compare them to some of their European brothers and they will seem like a bargain! IMHO.
    Bart
    GRHRCH UH MH "Jiv"
    GRHRCH UH MH MHQ "Sylus"
    HRCH's, Abby,Elle,Ruby,Jazz,Tex,Dallas