Thread: Anyone Know Of A Good Mayfly Copy?

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I used to buy some nice mayfly flies years ago. These were the big willow drake flies like the real ones I see in the river here. But I can no longer find them and I don't tie.

Anyone know who might sell them?
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

I'll se if my pops got some tied. He's been off his feet with knee surgury for a while so Im sure he's been tying a pretty good bit.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Thanks for the link Boon! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Ballin,
    If he's got any pick me up a few and I'll be glad to pay ya for'em when I get the boat.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Barron's in Columbia has a real good mayfly copy right now.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

[IMG] [/IMG] Heres one of pops, unfortunately he said he wouldn't be tying any for a while. He's been doing a lot of foam lately....Some kind of minnow imitation called a jelly bean,

Jelly Bean

hey jab,it looks like thats one of my pops you got a pic of there..Jim Hatch is his name. here's another variation.

That Jelly Bean looks like a good fly! [img]graemlins/thumb.gif[/img]

Ballin,
    Tell your dad if he gets around to tying anymore mayflies I'd like to buy some from him. The one in the pic looks sweet!

Years ago I picked up some mayfly imitations that were made from some type of rubber or foam. The fish killed them, but the flies didn't hold up real well.

I have got to learn to tie. I built my own solid stainless vice once, I even made the base of stainless, and picked up some materials but never got around to tying so I eventually let a friend have the vice. He acted like he wanted it worse than I did.

Originally posted by scfisherman143: "we mostly have woodies and teal but today we had workable big ducks allot of them ringnecks buffleheads redheads teal woodies it was amazing\"<br /><br />Another brilliant future duck hunter in the making

Originally posted by bogster:
    Barron's in Columbia has a real good mayfly copy right now.
    Bogster,
    Where is Baron's located in Columbia?