Thread: A good place to fly fish this weekend

hey i know that there area few in NC but i am looking for somewhere in SC to take my nephew trout fishing this weekend or even one of the places that you can pay by the pound( yeah i know it is not fishing but i do want him to catch something)

Lake Jocassee and the creeks that flow into it.

You can't smoke cigs and walk....who taught you to throw a whipstick? [img]graemlins/fu.gif[/img]

check yer pms.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

quit smoking cigs bitches!!! and i can catch your arsss

Tamie fishing WTF???

just bring em to the brim WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

it was for a 6 y.o. and he did not catch anything at joc.

I used to like to go up on the other side of wahalla on the chatoga. I know its out of state but going up to cherokee is usually worth the drive. Plenty of cheap places to camp too.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

The Chattooga is ok up around Burrell's Ford. But too many people for my taste.

Go above Walhalla on Hwy 28 and turn left beside the Peanut Man's store. Take another left at the first major road, this takes you toward the Cedar Creek (?) rifle range and Long Creek. Cross the bridge at the bottom of the hill and turn immediately to the right on the dirt track that leads to a dirt parking lot. This is the Chauga River (pronounce Chauggy). The river is easily wade-able for a kid and if you hit it right you can catch a mess of fish quick.

Another good place is Hell Hole, but it isn't a place to carry kids. The water there is a lot like the Narrows on the Chauga which is a class V or VI rapids section. You wouldn't want a six year old to fall in there. May not kill him but it would sure bruise him up.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 05-04-2008 at 06:04 PM.