Thread: 2015 F150 defrost when set to floor

Default 2015 F150 defrost when set to floor

I have a '15 F150 that blows a ton of air out the defrost when set to floor. I have searched about the mode door actuator and it seems to move when I make the selection for floor, panel or defrost. Has anyone had this problem before or know the fix?
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    I have a '15 F150 that blows a ton of air out the defrost when set to floor. I have searched about the mode door actuator and it seems to move when I make the selection for floor, panel or defrost. Has anyone had this problem before or know the fix?
    I cant speak specifically to a ford but I had same or similar issue in a chevy (maybe 2). I replaced blend door actuators and it solved the problem. Sucked the first time stumbling through it but once its done you could do it again without too much difficulty. I had to remove passenger airbag for one and the other was way up in the dash behind console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blend door actuator and a relearn
    More fuel = more boost!!

Buy the actuator from ford. I have had bad luck with the aftermarket ones.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Buy all actuators from the appropriate dealer and don’t use aftermarket unless you have to. Pro tip.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I had this problem previously and swear I had to pull the ENTIRE dash out...

Well I didn’t see this until after buying 1 of them. It didn’t fix it, but after toying around with the controls I got it to work once properly and then back to face melt when set to floor. What’s the relearn process?
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Turn truck off. Pull bcm fuse. Out for at least 30sec. Replace fuse and let it learn for 30 sec when you turn ignition on. Don’t fiddle with it for 60 sec. Then try. I feel your pain. Replacing my three right now.
    7031E6D1-ACDE-42AC-A330-9FC7B7BA1037.jpg

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

If one failed then it is only a matter of time till the others fail. I have the dual zone with flow through console. Pain in the ass.
    Last edited by mello_collins; 10-20-2022 at 04:48 PM.

Tip. Take old actuator apart to get this gear. New actuator comes set in center and you will use old piece to get duct doors into same position so the new actuator will slide right in.

0E98D458-8E85-4D5E-8026-954EB68A74BC.jpg

1DFC5F6E-ECE5-4AC3-A57C-1AEC15924905.jpg