Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Lottery Hunt Results

It’s at Santee Coastal. Put Santee Gun Club Rd in your GPS and it will go right there.

From the website
    Directions: Proceed on US Hwy 17 south from Georgetown. After crossing the South Santee River Bridge, turn left on the first paved road (South Santee Road). Travel 1.3 miles and turn left on Santee Gun Club Road (dirt road) at the sign indicating Santee Coastal Reserve WMA. Do not turn off of this road. Follow the signs to the check station, a distance of 3.2 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I live in the pluff mud in the winter.

Get yourselves some mudder boots and a walking stick with flat end.

You’re welcome.
    Anyone know where I can find a pair of these mudder boots? They seem to be out of stock everywhere online. Got a hunt at Murphy in a couple weeks.

I've been to pretty much all the puff mud hunting areas on the coast. I have found it's best to use the little boat they give you to navigate around by grabbing onto the stern and walking with it. By pushing down on the stern you can take a lot of weight off your feet so they don't start sinking upto your balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I've been to pretty much all the puff mud hunting areas on the coast. I have found it's best to use the little boat they give you to navigate around by grabbing onto the stern and walking with it. By pushing down on the stern you can take a lot of weight off your feet so they don't start sinking upto your balls.
    We ended up having one person sit on stern and push with feet and one up front pulling/paddling with paddle. Just depends on the depth and weight in boat but it was right between floating and sticking for us mostly. Person on stern would sometimes have to put more weight on feet to raise the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk