Thread: Tailing Tides

Anybody from Chas. fish the high tides?
    (Other than charter captains)?
    Reason for asking, is usually this time of year there are alot of guys fishing in the harbor and i was wondering if the crowds are big.
    I was thinking of fishing this weekend.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

There are always a lot of people fishing the Chas. harbor you just gor to get away from them. However, finding a grass flat in the harbor will be far and few b/w....head up one of the rivers and start looking!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

You may be cutting it close with a 5.7 high this weekend. Perhaps the Northeast wind will get it high enough, but most flats around here need a 6.1 or better to fish for tailing bass. Go to http://storms.nos.noaa.gov/geographic.html to see the differences between predicted tidal height and observed tidal height due wind factors, etc.
    DILLIGAF