Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Climbing Sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Whatever sticks you get get the amsteel Dailey chain ropes for them. Put them on all mine and love it
    Do you have any pictures by chance?
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Most saddle hunters are still hunting over a corn pile where the same ladder stand that has worked for generations would do fine, even though they'd interrupt a preacher at a funeral to proclaim the benefits of being a lightweight, mobile, one-sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    https://doublesteps.com/product-cate...e-amsteel-guy/
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I had the amsteel with loops ,I prefer just rope with a versa button .

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    Anybody use a saddle in the bedroom?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Whatever sticks you get get the amsteel Dailey chain ropes for them. Put them on all mine and love it
    Are we talking trees or bedroom?

Ok, thanks for all the info.

Thinking about starting with budget sticks first to see how I like it. Would you go with Muddy pro, hawk helium or xop sticks?
    Last edited by BugBuster; 10-23-2022 at 06:21 AM.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."

Muddy sticks are heavy. Real heavy. And I don’t like the cam cleat/rope attachment method.

Agree. I’m still a versa button/cam buckle guy. Other methods just don’t get the stick tight enough to the tree for my taste.

Hawk helium

I use a set of lone wolfs with cam buckles. I’m with Glenn on the cam buckle deal.

I like them. Easy to hang, and pretty light weight for me. I hang the first one, and the next three are hanging off my saddle with the gear ties. I can hang all 4 and my platform in less than 10 minutes on a limbless tree.

I've got 3 different types of sticks that I use for portable setups. I've got lone wolf's that I hate because the steps alternate and and don't have much stand off. If you run into an issue hanging the stand, it forces you to stay in an awkward position and starts to hurt your feet. When I started hunting out of the JX3 hybrid saddle, I bought 3 EWO sticks with a 3 step aider on bottom and used a ring of steps at the top. This year JX3 just released their own steps that pair perfectly with their stand and the top step has an oversized bar that acts as a platform/ring of steps. They use a quick cleat for hanging and I absolutely love them!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlover View Post
    I've got 3 different types of sticks that I use for portable setups. I've got lone wolf's that I hate because the steps alternate and and don't have much stand off. If you run into an issue hanging the stand, it forces you to stay in an awkward position and starts to hurt your feet. When I started hunting out of the JX3 hybrid saddle, I bought 3 EWO sticks with a 3 step aider on bottom and used a ring of steps at the top. This year JX3 just released their own steps that pair perfectly with their stand and the top step has an oversized bar that acts as a platform/ring of steps. They use a quick cleat for hanging and I absolutely love them!

How do you like that jx3 saddle
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 10-23-2022 at 05:17 PM.

If you’re a sitter I would think the JX3 would be the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by b-stick View Post
    I use a set of lone wolfs with cam buckles. I’m with Glenn on the cam buckle deal.

I like them. Easy to hang, and pretty light weight for me. I hang the first one, and the next three are hanging off my saddle with the gear ties. I can hang all 4 and my platform in less than 10 minutes on a limbless tree.
    Lone wolfs with cam buckles here as well.

I have 20 inch cable step aiders so I only carry 3 sticks. Like Boomer said it takes less than 10 minutes to be completely set up and ready to hunt.

I have been thinking about going to a different platform, I’m not crazy about the lone wolf one I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Lone wolfs with cam buckles here as well.

I have 20 inch cable step aiders so I only carry 3 sticks. Like Boomer said it takes less than 10 minutes to be completely set up and ready to hunt.

I have been thinking about going to a different platform, I’m not crazy about the lone wolf one I have now.
    There is a guy on,archery talk that makes a millennium style seat replacement for the lone wolf stand. It’s worth the $90. But if I were buying a new lock on I’d look at vertical. Cast aluminum stand that’s a few inches deeper than LW, suspension seat, etc. It looks like an all day sitter that isn’t heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    How do you like that jx3 saddle
    I love it. I knew there was no way I'd be comfortable and still in a traditional saddle. I bought it for long hikes on public land. My whole setup still weighs about 30 lbs, but it beats the hell out of the climber. It is much more compact to hike in with and you don't feel the weight near as much as you do with a climber.

What molle attachments are y’all running on your saddles?

What molle attachments are y’all running on your saddles?
    I have 2 dump pouches off Amazon. I also have a molle kydex clip for my platform as I climb. That’s it for me. All my other stuff attached to a daisy chain.