Thread: Webb Center Hunt questions

Default Webb Center Hunt questions

Looking at trying to go to the Webb Center next year or so and since I have never been there I had some questions. Do you typically need preference points to get drawn and if so how many you think typically? Also if I have preference points from another lottery hunt location that I did not get drawn for can I use those points for the Webb Center lottery or do those points only count for the particular lottery I did not get drawn for and can only be used for that one next year? I called the DNR for my questions but no one knew the answers and they kept transferring me to people that do not answer the phone.
    Last edited by 03Cobra; 10-12-2022 at 12:19 PM.

5 years and no using of points from another hunt.

This year was my 3rd year putting in for the hunt at the Webb Center. Therefore we had 2 preference points and did not get picked and thus gained another so next year we will have 3 preference points. I have been told to make sure to apply with the same number of hunters and the same hunters every year, that way the preference points stay with your "group" so to speak. I do not know if this matters or not. One of our guys when I registered us this year had 3 preference points and the other 3 of us had 2. I guess he had applied for it before with a different group and was not drawn.

I think you have a set of preference points for each site/hunt (one site can have a gun hunt and a bow hunt) and the points are only applicable to that specific hunt or site.

hope this helps

It takes about 3 years to get drawn for the Webb centre hunt. I do not believe points are transferable.

Thanks to the both of you that helps. Do you know if you can still apply for points only this year or do you have to wait for next year?

If you choose any hunt date you might start sniffing getting drawn with 3 pts. If you’re picky, more.

As to the same numbers and names, that’s not entirely true. The application itself has only as much preference as the lowest number of points possessed but anyone on the application. You can add someone that already has the same number of points as you with no issue, but if you add someone that hasn’t been applying then your application will have zero points.

A single person accepting ANY DATE stands the best chance of getting in quicker.

We went for the first time this year. Took 5 years to get drawn but I'm picky about dates
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I go every other year.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I have 3 points for the archery hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When does the lottery applications usually open up what time of year or dates typically?

July

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    July
    Thanks,

And thanks for all the help understanding this everyone.

Every 2 years with my cp. Thank goodness it was grandfathered.

More book bucks killed there than any GMA in SC. I highly recommend the place. Chances are you will see at least one shooter buck.
    Low country redneck who moved north

We head down tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    More book bucks killed there than any GMA in SC. I highly recommend the place. Chances are you will see at least one shooter buck.
    Maybe among the draw areas, but far from true statewide. Far as in, not even in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I saw a hell of a deer on Old Orangeburg one day cutting through to my club from 119.

I can still see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson