Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today was magical

I’m with southernwake. Get rid of the float. Fish a 3 or 4in DOA for trout. Throw into the current and work it back to the boat with slow lifts and fall sort of like fishing a senko for bass. 9/10 they will thump it on the fall. If I’m redfishing it’s either live mullet occasionally cut if they are being finicky with just enough split shot to hold bottom or 1/4 blue crab. Artificial it’s usually a paddle tail or jerk shad on a Texas eye or weedless spring lock hook. Slow rolling is the ticket. How many finger mullet do you see hopping up and down from the bottom to the top? Most are cruising just under the surface along grass lines and oysters bars.

Well I guess I've been doing it wrong. Thanks again for the tips. The way yall explain it makes sense.

We head out Saturday for a week of vacation on HHI. I rent a kayak from one of the marinas and have had some pretty good fishing in October there so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll have a good report to post when we get back.

Focus on mud flats that hold water at low tide for reds. The trout should start really chewing good with this cold front coming this week. Remember they need current and clean water. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    I used to roast em on here quite a bit.

Given that folks in this country have recently decided to use words from other cultures to describe fish, I wouldn’t be surprised if they morph into rouge poisson in the next decade.
    Tell it, son.

A saw the other day YET another name for dolphin. I give up.

Im rigged with paddletails and DOA. No corks. I killed a deer yesterday so let's hope the luck continues.