Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Dies In Saddle…

Default Hunter Dies In Saddle…

Something about this smells off…

Link to article…

https://www.bowhunting.com/article/h...ting-accident/

Link to podcast with the wife…

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000580882935

If you could die in a saddle I’d already be dead. Unless you unclip and fall or something breaks even if you drop your stick, rappel rope etc, you aren’t going to suffocate and die. Maybe of embarrassment when somebody comes to get you down but not from suffocating.

I'm thinking 5'6" and 260 lbs was what killed him. Sad to hear it tho.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Initially what I thought. But I ain’t buying that either.

Preexisting health conditions? But it was the saddle’s fault.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Preexisting health conditions? But it was the saddle’s fault.
    Autopsy ruled COD as suffocation.

At his height and weight he wasn’t a picture of health but it still doesn’t add up. I’m hanging in one now and couldn’t die if I wanted to unless I unhooked and jumped. Even then I’d be mangled but most likely alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Something about this smells off…

Link to article…

https://www.bowhunting.com/article/h...ting-accident/

Link to podcast with the wife…

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000580882935

If you could die in a saddle I’d already be dead. Unless you unclip and fall or something breaks even if you drop your stick, rappel rope etc, you aren’t going to suffocate and die. Maybe of embarrassment when somebody comes to get you down but not from suffocating.
    There would definitely be pointing and laughing.

I was surprised to read the COD as suffocation. He was in a Tethturd saddle so I just assumed it would’ve been AIDS.

At his height and weight he wasn’t a picture of health but it still doesn’t add up. I’m hanging in one now and couldn’t die if I wanted to unless I unhooked and jumped. Even then I’d be mangled but most likely alive.
    I’m sitting in a Carolina bay in a ladder stand 5 minutes from the house. My biggest issue is the feeder went off and is apparently clogged. And it appears the hogs have eaten all the cob on the ground. Gonna need a stupid golf course deer to waltz in here. First sit of the year lowcountry deer sniper problems.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I don’t saddle, but I wear a harness and either lifeline my way up or lineman’s rope my way up. I always have 2 serrated knifes on me when I’m in the harness. 1 I can can get to on either side of my body. Guys don’t think about how they might need to cut themselves out of a tight spot.

Quote Originally Posted by wiz18 View Post
    Guys don’t think about how they might need to cut themselves out of a tight spot.
    Guys do. Dipshits don't. I contemplate how I am getting out of the upper floors if the first is on fire wherever I sleep. Spending 8 hours up a tree in the dark will do that...

Wonder if he had his tether too high, spun around, slipped off platform, and ended up with the tether around his neck and no way to spin back around?.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Wonder if he had his tether too high, spun around, slipped off platform, and ended up with the tether around his neck and no way to spin back around?.
    That’s what I was thinking. I can’t think of a way to suffocate in a saddle unless the tether got around your neck.

It would take a lot but that's the only way I could figure it out.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I don’t know, those damn you tuber saddle people are constantly fucking with everything in their setup trying to come up with the next big innovation. Ain’t no damn telling
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    I don’t know, those damn you tuber saddle people are constantly fucking with everything in their setup trying to come up with the next big innovation. Ain’t no damn telling
    This
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    Nope. He was hanging. Feet 6 feet off the ground conscious with a dude standing there watching him. Nothing around his neck.

Strange, no doubt.

Possibly it cut off his circulation and that coupled with obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I'm thinking 5'6" and 260 lbs was what killed him. Sad to hear it tho.
    This right here. Way too many fat people.

Probably monkey pox
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt