Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wool base layer

Kuiu peloton is a synthetic alternative to merino and far more durable.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

REI currently has their brand on sale for 30% off and Smartwool 25% off. Both brands are 100% merino wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    REI currently has their brand on sale for 30% off and Smartwool 25% off. Both brands are 100% merino wool.
    I loaded down the other day and wish it had been here when I got home today. If it gets any damn colder, I am buying a hoody.

Those sitka heavy weight long john bottoms feel awesome.. those are my lounge wear around the house. The leighter weights I wear playing golf. I own several merino tops, an old smart wool shirt of mine is comfortable. I've got a rapha one that I don't mind either, because the collar is wide. You can't see it so it doesn't look like I'm wearing an undershirt. The sitka next to skin tops are kind of itchy, so was my last kuiu. I don't think it was the pelaton, but when I see it I'll look.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 11-17-2022 at 06:55 PM.

Sitka core midweight bottoms for me.

20221117_185924.jpg

I think these are heavy weight, I know they're heavier then the lights that I have.. these feel like fluffy heaven

Fluffy heaven, JLo’s vagina, I’ve heard both descriptions. Both are accurate.

Twinning

Yeah heat doesn't bother me, cold never did. I treated it like a state of mind, don't know if its got something to do with all of that trauma and blood loss I had years back or I'm getting old.. but I live in these things at the house and was even excited when my wife switched over to flannel sheets

Old age isn't for pussies so we keep going or something something, but damn I kept it cold enough in the house to hang a deer. Now I can't get warm...

Mine it up to like 68 or 69 now, I feel like at any moment my dad might drop by and say " you're acting like a woman" or " do you know how much that costs".

Which ones did you get? I got the REI 150 top and bottom. I tried on the Smartwool 250 bottoms but I felt like those may be a little much for what we experience around here.

Now that I think about it, the REI set may be 185. Regardless, they were much thinner than the Smartwool.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 11-17-2022 at 08:48 PM.

carhartt makes a good pair of wool baselayers. been wearing them in sub 0 temps past two weeks and they work wonders.
    i wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong

Quote Originally Posted by eastover_cowboy View Post
    carhartt makes a good pair of wool baselayers. been wearing them in sub 0 temps past two weeks and they work wonders.
    I think I'd work barefoot in board shorts to be your age and do what you're doing. I don't know you but I'm damn happy for you and the decisions you've made thus far. You're more mature as a teenager than I was in my 30s.

I got some off Amazon. Minus 33 320s. They are legit. I can't afford decent hamburger buns so I sure as hell can't afford first lite or Sitka
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

How did I ever survive cotton white waffle long jons under blue jeans, cotton sweatshirt, my heavy insulated Camo coveralls and green rubber boots with yellow laces at the top? If you know you know. For those of you scratching your head you’re under 40 for sure.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Kuiu merino. It doesn't itch.
    X 1000. Worth the $.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    How did I ever survive cotton white waffle long jons under blue jeans, cotton sweatshirt, my heavy insulated Camo coveralls and green rubber boots with yellow laces at the top? If you know you know. For those of you scratching your head you’re under 40 for sure.
    We just didn’t know any better.

Black Ovid, you ought to be able to find them on sale right about now.
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

I have first lite kiln and I have the minus 33 off of amazon. Both work well and I haven't been able to tell much difference. First lite is actually cheaper right now from their website.