Thread: Fort Myers storm surge

Default Fort Myers storm surge

Graphic video of rise and fall of 15’ storm surge in Fort Myers. Unreal

Dang, tprice, my brother lives in N. Ft Myers in an older house on higher ground and only had some pool screening pulled off. It looks like they were extremely lucky.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Mother Nature you scary. Taking back the beach.
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Somebody go leave a 5* review on whatever brand and model that camera is.

Impressive power in those storms.

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    Dang, tprice, my brother lives in N. Ft Myers in an older house on higher ground and only had some pool screening pulled off. It looks like they were extremely lucky.

Glad he is ok.

Not sure of the location of this camera but my guess is right near beach

Mother Nature at its finest.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

If you watch those clips……there was someone in the pink house early on in the time lapse…..you can see them open the door and close it.

May not be that actual clip but it was one,I saw of that house

It is that clip….at 8 second mark

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    It is that clip….at 8 second mark
    Did not notice that , will go back and look again

Dang you are right. Never saw that

Hope they got out in time
    Last edited by tprice; 10-01-2022 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

That is what I was thinking as well
    “The price of freedom is eternal vigilance” - Thomas Jefferson

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post

Oh hell Glenn, some nerdy geek will still have some complaints about it LOl

However not sure what company it is but they have gold footage now for advertising

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    If you watch those clips……there was someone in the pink house early on in the time lapse…..you can see them open the door and close it.

May not be that actual clip but it was one,I saw of that house
    According to the Youtube post from Max Olsen, "storm chaser that mounted the camera", they survived. Then there was this comment: According to their relatives' Facebook posts they jumped out a window when it was floating away in the water and clung to a palm tree. She had a life jacket and he did not. Then they broke into a building for shelter.

Here is more to the update Scary stuff

From a link in that video
    Insanity. This is 1450 Estero Blvd, the sun and fun sports rental. My brother Tod and his girlfriend Annette live above it, they stayed during the hurricane with their 2 dogs. The last text my brother sent to my mom "my house is going down, I don't think I'll make it", I've called the police department, the sheriffs office, fema, and a number where they've taken names and info. My husband posted on twitter looking for him and a reporter reached out and got his info on Facebook to a girl who said her brother was in the special forces and we gave his info. I have HEARD that they survived and they're waiting across the bridge BUT I NEED TO KNOW IF ITS TRUE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Update!!! Hi everyone!! I have an update, I JUST got off the phone with my brother. My stepsister, stepfather and Annette's sister went to the bridge last night, but the sheriff wouldn't let them cross because of the curfew and told them to come back at 6am. They went back and walked through the wreckage and screamed their names til they were found WITH their dogs! My brother hurt his arm, he's on his way to the hospital, he is absolutely traumatized. He told me that his house filled up with water in like, a minute. The house started creaking, wood was breaking, nails and glass everywhere. He was pinned against the wall and then the ceiling, he threw his elbow back and broke a window and he said if he hadn't, they would be dead. His girlfriend had the 2 dogs tied to her life jacket with a rope. They floated to a palm tree where Annette held on for about 3 hours but Tod couldn't as long so he let go, somehow made it to an abandoned house where he broke THAT window, went inside and laid down on their counter thinking Annette was dead until he saw them floating by hours later with the dogs. Absolutely unreal. I feel so terrible, I live in Mass and did everything I could to help from here. My poor brother and his gf are prob gonna have some hardcore PTSD. My husband and I are gonna go through our clothes and shoes and put together some stuff to send. Tod and Annette have nothing, my mother and stepfather also live on fort Myers beach but left to my stepsisters in Bonita Springs for the hurricane, they haven't been home yet but they're not sure if their house is still standing either. If it is, it's probably wrecked. My family is a mess. I cannot thank Reddit enough for all the help and support, this is a truly wonderful place. I was able to find Annette's cousin through here, who put me in touch with her sister. The amount of help we've received is tremendous. If anyone wants to help send clothes or basic necessities, my family would appreciate it so much. Send me a message. Thank u Reddit, I love u
    Last edited by tprice; 10-01-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Living by the ocean is nice until it’s not.

That’s unreal
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

those damn palmetto and palm trees rode that thing out like a boss. Those "I'm going to ride it out people" leave a great deal to be discussed at another time. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    those damn palmetto and palm trees rode that thing out like a boss. Those "I'm going to ride it out people" leave a great deal to be discussed at another time. MG
    Lemme know when you’re ready. I have some thoughts but don’t want to tote the insensitive label.

IN for that discussion...

Well, We owned some property in Garden City and a boat slip @ Marlin Quay. No Regrets selling out. Was just down there 11 days ago. We in the HOLE
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"