Thread: Screw Ian

Default Screw Ian

I decided to return to express my hatred of hurricanes. While they are good long term for environment especially fisheries they are an absolute horror.

I lived in Fort Myers during medical school and spent every weekend in Oine Island Sound or Sanibel(drove that causeway a hundred times) some good friends in the area when moved away. I have yet been able to get a response from 1 in particular. I am sure he is fine and just trying to care for his community as he stayed put during the storm.

My 2nd child was born in SC rather than Fort Myers as we were forced to evacuate from Irma as we were scared it could become what Ian actually became.

Business will close for good, charter businesses with struggle, and the hospital I worked at will be overwhelmed and see the horrors of Mother Nature.

What makes this even worse in our secondary family home for generations is now in the crosshairs on Edisto.

Mother Nature deserves to do what it wishes as hurricane have a role in the renurishing our coastal estuaries however people I care about will be hurting for awhile, unfortunately maybe more than one area.

I will go back to my scducks sabbatical until I move back to the area some day.

Come on back before edisto gets messed up like the rest of the coast of Yankee's
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It's looking better and better for Edisto with each forecast update

Yah awendaw is looking more as the path right now. Been working hurricane detail since Tuesday and I’m about this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    It's looking better and better for Edisto with each forecast update
    It has definitely improved from this morning. Hopefully the surge will not be as bad as predicted, 5-7 ft. We had 3-4' under the house during Mathew and Irma. We strapped everything down under the house and my BIL moved the boat to high ground this morning. Hopefully we'll squeak by on the flooding.
    Florida got hammered. Prayers for those folks and everyone in the path.

This is the part where it does what it does and goes where it goes. Can't really predict it, and the misery of trying to gtfo with everyone else at the same time? Nahhh.

We keep all our fishing gear and boating gear, bikes etc… and just updated downstairs bathroom. Will be a mess of storm surge is more than 3-4 ft

We finally heard from my wife’s aunt and uncle today. Her other aunt in st Pete faired much better. Janet and Ed were in N Naples and while they are ok they have a hell of a mess on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Glad they made it through, Bean.

My aunt moved to Ft Myers from Seattle a few years ago. Last hurricane she flew up and stayed with my sister in Aiken. This time she rode it out in her 5th floor apartment closet. Glad she's ok. Said the cleanup crew that showed up yesterday evening put on a tailgate BBQ for the community. Nothing like a natural disaster to bring folks together.

Weather gonna weather. You can be mad at it and worry about it but at the end of the day it's not a living thing you can yell at or influence and it doesn't care about our feelings in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Weather gonna weather. You can be mad at it and worry about it but at the end of the day it's not a living thing you can yell at or influence and it doesn't care about our feelings in the slightest.
    Not true, the government can fix it if you will pay more taxes !

Well of course!

Or you could quit rebuilding on the coast.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    Or you could quit rebuilding on the coast.
    Now that’s just silly.