I decided to return to express my hatred of hurricanes. While they are good long term for environment especially fisheries they are an absolute horror.

I lived in Fort Myers during medical school and spent every weekend in Oine Island Sound or Sanibel(drove that causeway a hundred times) some good friends in the area when moved away. I have yet been able to get a response from 1 in particular. I am sure he is fine and just trying to care for his community as he stayed put during the storm.

My 2nd child was born in SC rather than Fort Myers as we were forced to evacuate from Irma as we were scared it could become what Ian actually became.

Business will close for good, charter businesses with struggle, and the hospital I worked at will be overwhelmed and see the horrors of Mother Nature.

What makes this even worse in our secondary family home for generations is now in the crosshairs on Edisto.

Mother Nature deserves to do what it wishes as hurricane have a role in the renurishing our coastal estuaries however people I care about will be hurting for awhile, unfortunately maybe more than one area.

I will go back to my scducks sabbatical until I move back to the area some day.